Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

A birdbath bouquet!

Today I went to hang my lightweight bird feeder in the "Mexican Sunflower" bush-tree, and I cut this one spray of sunflower and a few buds out. I laid it into my birdbath to keep the cut end moist since I thought I would put it in a vase inside. Well, then I discovered a large couple of sprays of the pink Drift Roses, and I cut and also placed in birdbath. After getting them in there I thought they were so pretty, I decided to leave them as an outdoor bouquet. I see this from my kitchen window, and it is just lovely!!!!! I will need to experiment with future flowers!



10 comments:

Teri said...

It does look beautiful in there. That's how ideas are bored...serendipity!

shirley said...

What a good idea Julie, this looks so pretty.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Very pretty! I love it when things come together like that.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a lovely treat for yourself.

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
You're right it looks sooo prety outdoors. you'll just have to remember not to let them dry out and they'll stay so nice.

You are so lucky I especially tell you every winter to have such nice plants and flowers...spring is coming though and the groundhog confirmed it...hmmmm...but we've had lots of snow lately this week..

have a warm weekend.
Judi

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Julie,
What a great what to show off those beautiful flowers. Hope all is well with you and the family. On my rose bushes I see buds. Another month gone, I know, way to fast. Have a wonderful day and weekend.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I've never cut my Mexican sunflowers for a bouquet. . . do they hold up well?

Serena Lewis said...

A beautiful bouquet! :)

Unknown said...

very pretty!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Quite the colourful and lovely birdbath bouquet