Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

Cactus/Succulent Monday (a slight adaptation, approved by our Cactus Monday leader, Teri)!

After breakfast with my brother and his MIL, I was inspired to take apart my strawberry pot, clean up my Kalanchoe, and re-pot with fresh Miracle Gro.  I did not use cactus soil because I believe this succulent seems to like more water, and it only gets rainwater, which is fairly scarce most of the time anyway.  We shall see how it fairs.
A few close ups of my favorite succulent of all times, for some strange reason.
Is it the cheery green coloration?
Is it the rosebud configuration of the leaves?
Is it the way the leaves turn red in the sun?
Is it the constant self propagation of the cutest little babies?
Is it the way the babies seem to peep out saying "hello world"???
I believe it must be a combination of all.  I just adore these gorgeous plants.  Oh, I forgot to mention that they are impossible to kill (unless you over water, or keep in full shade).  Keep them dry and in full sun and you've got a winner!

Hello to all my blogger pals!  The weather here is stunningly gorgeous...no clouds, sunny, bright, temp around 80 or so.  The warmest winter in years this year.  Yeah.

Love to you all...
Julie

8 comments:

Willow said...

You have inspired me to try one ~ if the weather ever warms up here . lol

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Such a gorgeous and healthy looking Kalanchoe! For all your reasons and great pictures it's no wonder it's a favourite :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is a neat looking kalanchoe and it looks great in your strawberry pot.

Enjoy this lovely spring weather we are having.

FlowerLady

Simone Felic said...

Adoro estas plantinhas , quero aumentar mais ainda minha coleção.
beijinhos
http://eueminhasplantinhas.blogspot.com.br/

Bobbie Lynn said...

Love your what you did with your strawberry container. Looking at it at first I thought you planted strawberries. That is going to look amazing when all the babies fill in.
Great idea.
Enjoy our great weather. Here too. Feels like summer. I love it.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Teri said...

They ARE gorgeous Julie! Love those pots also.

HCM

Snippety Gibbet said...

80 degrees? Ooooooh, that sounds delightful. We got up to 65 and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I just love strawberry pots. I have several but one one potted up with succulents. I should do another with one of these plants. I like it because of all that you say about it. Plus it will remind me of you.