Translate

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I've been staying busy with learning to crochet with the smallest hook EVER (not really as I have found out there are way smaller from my friend, Claude).  This kind of work is ball busting. Hard to keep pushing  forward on, but I insist on finishing just this one bookmark. That will be the smaller of these two peices. The one on the right.  It is halfway done...
 I've been on hikes with family.



 See birdie in tree.....beautiful!!!


 And shopping at our new outlet shoppes.  Love this on cooler evenings!
 My grands have had awards ceremonies and now in the midst (tonight and tomorrow night) of their musical performances at school.
Staying busy, having fun, and surrounded by love! What more could I ask? So grateful.
Love to you all,
Julie


8 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Sounds like you have been busy and enjoying life - you are beautiful my friend, inside and out! Love your pictures and your bookmark!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Julie you are amazing. You can learn to do anything. What a delicate and beautiful stitch. Enjoy those Grands. Love seeing the Egret up in the tree.

2 Tramps said...

Learning to crochet - that is something I hope to do this winter. My grandma made us so many things we treasure but no one picked up the craft from her. So nice that you are doing so many fun things!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hi Julie ~ What size small hook are you using? I sometimes use a size 14. :-) My favorite is size 10.

Your work is lovely!

What a great hike! Where was it you went to? Maybe if it's not too far from me I could go there someday. I try to stay close to home. I did enjoy the Mounts Botanical gardens recently.

Have a great week and love, joy and peace filled holidays.

FlowerLady

Teri said...

Indeed! What more could you ask!
Hugs

Julie said...

Hi Lorraine! This hiking place is out on west PGA Blvd, in Palm Beach Gardens.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Beautiful color of yarn you are using for your bookmark. Neat that you have some wonderful places to take al hike. Love looking out for birds, my favorite thing to do on hikes.
Oh yes, those bring me back to some happy memories when my Girl was little. Love those school plays at Christmas time. Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings!

Deb said...

The crochet work is coming out lovely, I now struggle using the tiny hooks, I hope you enjoyed the hike Florida weather this time of year makes hiking such a pleasure.