Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2015

the latest.....

 Well, I am posting from my phone and taking these photos from whatever random way they load.  Looks like first you can see is that the crazy lady (me) who took apart a plastic coated metal sort of cubical shelving that was rusting.  As I did it, I was ending up with a pile of squares.  All I could think of was "GROUP PROJECT"!!!!!  So the first thing I thought could be fun for kids and adults alike, was to try a weaving.  Here's what I've done so far.  I continue to have high hopes for it.  After it is filled in to my satisfaction, I plan on adding silk flowers to form a giant sort of fancy letter, finish off the edges so no rust can be seen, and then add a hanging ribbon. Yes, calm yourselves.....I am just that lazy not to spray with Rustoleum first.  Stay calm. LOL.

 A few views.

 This is a beautiful crystal clam I found at Marshalls and see the pink pearl inside?  The colors you see are all reflections on items around there, as the crystal is basically clear!  It was so pretty.  A paperweight.  10 bucks. Nice.
 This is a car I saw that I felt my husband would look nice driving around in.  Not necessarily this car, but this color for sure.  So sexy!
 Now just this morning while dropping off daughter for her college classes, I saw this big bird trying to see what was going on inside the classroom! He was walking on top of the bushes to spy! So funny!  Eventually, he gave up on higher learning, and flew away! Lol.

I had a long, dry creative spell, and am basically in the same state.  Just staying busy with living stuff, no time for much else.  I've even laid off Facebook as much.



 Look at him just peepin in!
Hope all my (if any) remaining blog readers are well. I think of you all very often and pray that wherever you are in this world, that you are well, and happy!

Until next time! Hugs to you!
Julie

9 comments:

shirley said...

Hi Julie you are so innovative making use of the old squares. I am sure they will look good when finished.
I wonder whether that bird heard what was going on in the classroom and just gave up.
I think there comes a time when we have to retire and re-energise when it comes to FB

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your weaving project looks interesting. A good way to use up the shelves.
The Great Egret activity is odd. I wonder if it saw itself reflected in the windows. Happy Spring... Happy Easter.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hi Julie ~ Good to read a post from you. We all do take time off from social media at times, and I think it is good for us.

Have a nice Easter ~ FlowerLady

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Julie, nice to meet you. So glad you found me through Bobbie Lynn,s blog. Thanks for the tip on the miniature Roses. If you have time pls find me on FB: Marlene Plasencia.
Blessings,
Marlene

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Yay! Love to see what you've been up to lately. Your weaving looks so creative! Love the pictures of what's been going on! I think blogging should be something you do when you want - it should be fun, not a chore. I'll keep reading :)

Claude said...

I'm looking forward to seeing that project finished.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A neat idea to weave on the shelving wires. I bet it's going to look great. Gorgeous egret!! Have a delightful day :)

stapeliad said...

Hey Julie! Your blog is lonely! I miss you! <3

Dawn said...

Hi Julie, life gets busy that's for sure! We can only blog when we can.