Translate

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hi!  I have some random things to show here.  Most has been seen on Facebook already. 

First, I want to say have a happy, fun, and safe Memorial Day weekend.  God bless our military!  Thank you to my son, too, for his 5 years of military service!  I am very proud of you!  Love you, Brent!!!!

 I kept my granddaughter, Emily home from school this past Thursday not feeling well.  Well, around 11am, she suddenly started feeling better, and became very fun and animated.  We had to make a disco ball, have a party, and here she was being silly blowing up balloons.  She blew up about 8 in the end.  And we had a pizza party when everyone got home from work.  We made a paper mache-d modified disco ball.  She is a trip!  Her she is making the "disco ball".
".
 Here it is finished .  We wrapped multi colored garland on it with hot glue gun and hung it up.
 Of course, we had to hang up streamers too!

 And a pile of balloons and streamers on the floor.  Ignore the skull playset that happened to be sitting there.
Being silly!
The african violet my son and his wife gave me for Mothers Day!  I LOVE IT!  I still had my bottle of Schultz African Violet fertilizer too!  Yay!
 Emily made this bead necklace for Doozey, and we got her dressed up to show it off.  This pic is my phone background now too!  Hehehe.
 I had 2 crysalis' form in my caterpillar screened over enclosure.  One disappeared...so only 1 left!  I think about 10 got eaten before I got them covered, and I have no idea where the rest went.  There is a lip around the tire.  I'm wondering if some may have gone there to attach themselves.  We shall see.  I am watching this thing closely several times a day.  If I get one (out of 20 caterpillars)...its still a good ratio...as in the wild only 1 out of 100 make it to butterfly!  Kinda sad.  I suppose it is good for the birds tho. :)

 Have you heard of this sensation called Adult Coloring Books?  They are highly detailed pages to color with colored pencil.  It is relaxing and zen-like.  This one took me about 2 weeks to work on slowly each night.  I printed this one free off the internet, but gave my friend an actual coloring book for her birthday.

Hers are all animals.  A LOVELY book.I think this is the one she got...but there are many other beautiful ones!  I have to say, I am intrigued!


XOXO- Julie

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Julie, I might have missed your FB post about the coloring, but I am also jumping on the coloring book bandwagon. For a while now, I have been downloading pictures to color digitally on my iPad, and last week I got myself Johanna Basford's Secret Garden coloring book. And then you know what I realized? I have no pencils or markers to color it in with!! So last night, after running to a few local stores to see what they have, I ended up ordering what I wanted at a better price from Amazon, and I should be in business in a couple more days.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

As talented as you are I imagine you could make your own coloring books. Looks like you have been having too much fun.

stapeliad said...

DOOZEY co-stars in the video! YEAH!
What a wonderful and fun day you had. I loved reading about it. the violets are amazing.

I have heard of the adult coloring books. People seem to like them, and your colors are beautiful.

Your little caterpillar friend is adorable.

xoxo <3

Bobbie Lynn said...

I want to thank you too Brent.
Wow Julie. When I get sick I will come over to you house. Emily may not want to got back to school so quickly. Your a fun Grandma. Love it! Hope she is feeling better. Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Deb said...

I have been hooked on Coloring books since I was a child, when the Adult centered books came to market I was thrilled, I always find it so relaxing. I have even begun to trace some of the designs onto fabric to embroider, and recent I began to add crayon tinting to my embroidery so I am getting the best of both worlds.

The disco ball came out so cute I hope you had a great party.

My Little Family: said...

OMG! Is Doozey wearing Chloe's dress? How sweet!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love the update - you've been busy! We made a piñata a couple of years ago and it was so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

Glad to "see" you! Doozey is always so cute. Sorry Emily wasn't feeling well but glad she perked up to have a fun day with you. I've always found color books to be relaxing. As a kid, I used to have people color a picture in my color book and then sign and date it. I should see if i still have any of those.
Thank you Brent!
Good luck with your butterfly!
~Carla

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A very fun looking disco ball and your colouring looks wonderful. I have her Secret Garden book which I just love.

Deepa Gopal said...

SO much happening there! Good to see Emily in her activities...she's grown up! :) You have so much happening in your garden too! :)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Happy World Embroidery Day Julie!! It's a day to promote creativity, embroidery and a peaceful movement. All the best :)