Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hello at end of a lovely Mothers Day!


Here is a lovely gal who makes being a Mom (and Grandmom, in my case)a lot of fun! This picture is angelic, but she was a terror all day today!!! Lots of energy and never slows down, to where we are all exhausted by noon!!! Hahaha...in this case, looks can be highly deceiving! :) This picture was taken a few days ago at our favorite bakery...the lighting was so perfect!

This is a hodgepodge of pictures over the last few days. Below is a fish dinner a friend received at a dinner he and his wife took our family out to! Isn't it magnificently presented???

I took the grand-kids over to a local hotel to see the swans in the lobby! They swam right over to us and seem to enjoy their water hole there. I don't know what made me think of it, but the swans have been in this hotel for many years, and they enjoyed seeing them. We also rode the elevator to the top floor as it is glass and we could see the swans from above. Then we went to check out the pool area to decide if we might come over and spend one night this summer there and just play. I think they determined that it would be "awesome"!!!


Just a few days before Mothers Day I saw these cute baby ducks frolicking in the puddles at the grocery store and the mother was standing by the edge just watching them play. It was so sweet. The pics are blurry...it was drizzling rain and I was being threatened to being run over while trying to quickly snap the photo!!! Hehehe. I live dangerously!!! :)


Hope all of you had a wonderful Mom's Day, and will have a great week coming up. Tomorrow is my first day on new job...wish me luck!!!
xoxo- Julie

9 comments:

shirley said...

Wonderful photos Julie, your grandaughter looks like and angel cant believe she would be rowdy. ha ha

Hope you first day at work is good.

Bethany said...

Julie!!! So fun to hear from you. Thank you for thinking of me. Wow, am super excited for you about the library. You will do amazing, what a perfect place for you. And I cant think of a cooler place to work. Enjoy and good luck buddy. Happy Mother 's Day too!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am happy that you had a good Mother's Day despite not having your Mom to celebrate with. You will always have her in your heart. I want to wish you the best of luck with your new job.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Julie,
I wish you all the best on your new job. : ) Love your Mother's day photos. Hope you have a wonderful week. glad you liked my photos of the Echinocereus. I have two more flower buds. The color of the flower is amazing.
Blessings to you

Mary said...

Loved my Mother's day.. got calls from all my kids, and Miss Ruby called too. She said 'good morning Bamma, Happy Mothers!' Forgot 'day' but that's OK--she's 3 and its allowed. :)

Rohrerbot said...

Hope you had a great Mothers Day. Love all the little ducklings in the water. And Swans.....:)

Teri said...

That Emily is such a cutie, she always makes me smile.

Can't wait to hear about the new job!

Diane AZ said...

Your granddaughter is adorable! Yes, she does look especially angelic in that lighting. Sweet ducklings playing in the puddle. Good luck with the new job, Julie! :)

marianne said...

So how was your job dear??
Glad you had a good Mothers day . I am sure your own Mom must have been in your thoughts a lot that day.
Emily sure looks like an angel! So cute!
I had to fly to Chengdu that day and came back Wednesday evening.
Hope you are doing fine and are enjoying your new job!
♥M