Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Morning coffee sketch and blasts from the past!

I found my old handmade sketch book that was started in what looks like 2010. I added my coffee cup and a haiku this morning, and am adding a few of my past favorites. What fun to find this. At the time it was started I was doing sketches in colored inks in alphabetical order....first all fruits, then I added a hand drawn butterfly to each page, and alphabet stickers by MaryEngelbreit. It has really evolved. From there I started with some zentangles, and I see the grands have picked it up too and added some art for me!









10 comments:

Bobbie Lynn said...

HI Julie,
That is adorable. Very colorful and I enjoy making things with brown paper bas. You need to continue with your art journal.
Have a beautiful Easter too.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Dandelion and Daisy said...

What a fun trip down memory lane! You really do nice work.

Teri said...

OMG Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are fabulous!!!!! You need to show us more or make more. I love all of these!!!!!

Happy EAster to you and your family.

marianne said...

What a lovely find!
LOve the Blue Morpho! You captured its color so well there
♥M

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Wow, you are quite the artist! (I'm sure I've told you that before)
These are so lovely!
Debbie :)

Carla said...

I remember your alphabet drawings!
Hope you had a great Easter!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What fun and it must be inspirational. Cheers.

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
Geez...I'm sorry you had sick members of the family too...not nice. HOpe they are better...

Your drawing book is wonderful. I love those pictures. You are so talented and I adore the way you've put together the book also.

My mom was back from West Palm Beach on Sunday...she said it wasn't the warmest winter...

Have a great day.
Judi

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Thanks for dropping in. But I would have thought you could grow sedum perfectly down there! With your weather, wouldn't it thrive?
Debbie :)

Julie said...

Not so well.....maybe it is the humidity. In California with all that drier air they do exceptionally well.