Translate

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sewing powers ignited!!!!

Emily (my almost 5 year old granddaughter) will not wear shirts!!! She will wear dresses with little skorts underneath. She also hates shorts! She got the Chipettes, (of Alvin and the Chipmunks) tee shirt, and as much as she ADORES them, she would not wear this tee shirt! I told her I could turn it into a dress for her, and she did not want it above the knee, but floor length with about a 10 foot train!!! Lolol. I sewed it to a maxi length, and may devise some way of adding on a longer length of fabric to be her train that will be detachable, for safety sake if for no other reason!!!!! I used a piece of scrap material I had and it was just big enough to barely add any ease!!! I may need to cut a slit in the back to give enough room for her to walk. Or both sides.  I'm waiting for her to come home and try it on before that and hemming! I hope she loves it!

13 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are the best Grandma.

Penny said...

Such a good grandmother.

Claude said...

Fantastic! she'll love it.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This is so cute and the colors in the skirt really go with the shirt. Slits up the sides might be just right for walking in.

Way to go! FlowerLady

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Cute solution! I'll bet she loves it.

Julie said...

Thanks everyone! Sewing is such a chore for me! Glad when something works out! ;)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

What a wonderfully thoughtful and creative Grandma you are! Hope your granddaughter loves her T-shirt dress.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I envy those who can sew! This is adorable and Ms. Emily is one lucky little girl.

walk2write said...

What a great idea, Julie! It's funny how finicky little girls can be about their clothes. Our daughter went through a tomboy phase when she was little. She absolutely refused to wear a dress then. Then a few years later, she was Miss Prissy and dresses were her favorite. I think it had something to do with the friends she made at that time. They were into girly things, and she wanted to fit in.

Bobbie Lynn said...

That is adorable Julie. Clever idea.
Have a great evening.

Teri said...

You are so clever and creative. Just adorable!!

Simone Felic said...

Você também tem seu lado costureira.

http://eueminhasplantinhas.blogspot.com.br/

Dawn said...

Does she love it? It so girlie and adorable.