Translate

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Random stuff

My grandson taught me how to do finger weaving using the loops from the kits to make potholders!  This was fun. I finished this row off and added a keyring and attached it to my purse for a key fob. Looks like I've been at summer camp, and that's a fun thought to have! Lol!
This beautiful purple flowering tree is along a residential path I take daily. I think it must be a crepe myrtle. They are blooming right now. This one is just chock full of flowers. The color is more vibrant than the photo shows!
Hubby has the day off tomorrow. Who knows what we will do. I imagine whatever it is, it will involve airconditioning!!!! ;)

Xoxo-Julie



5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Children keep us young. Love the yarn you used. Keep cool today.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Julie,
Have a good day off with Hubby. I love Crepe myrtle trees. The colors of flowers are so amazing. I have seen one that is a bright magenta. A neat technique of making some pot holders. Have a great week with the family.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Claude said...

The crepe marbles are wonderful when they're blooming. I'm thinking that's one of the old Natchez hybrids, they grew to tree proportions and bloomed heavy. theres some new hybrids called Black Diamond... Dark purple leaves... they're cool as all git out, but a little pricey.

Simone Felic said...

É muito divertido , fazer algumas coisas com as crianças.

http://eueminhasplantinhas.blogspot.com.br/

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your finger weaving looks like it was fun indeed. Gorgeous looking tree!