Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

My new/old embroidered pillowcase

When I went over to Lakeland last weekend to help my cousin with a project, she had this old embroidered pillowcase that she thinks either she or her sister had done in high school. I think she was going to give it to Salvation Army, but I got to bring it home instead. Sorry this is such a crappy photo, but it shows the new case in REALLY LOVED condition!!! LOL.
Otherwise, we have been swimming at the DIL's new apt building. I have a pic of the kids in the pool, but it will not upload for some strange reason. I am in the process of turning one bedroom into an office for my husband, and the other room into a gaming/craft room! Just in the cleaning stages now, as we are still moving things to DIL's place. It feels good to get the areas cleaned up a bit...and have some fresh chi rolling through! My daughter re-did her bathroom to suit her...very girly, and pink is all I can say. Today I drive my brother and his wife to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. My hubby took this week off to relax a bit after his birthday last Thursday. As you can see, things are still running BUSY here. My DIL's Mom is keeping the grandkids today and tomorrow for me so we can do a few fun things (and continue cleaning) while hubby off work. The grands had gone to summer camp the first 4 weeks of summer, but since then have been staying home with me. We are also planning an end of the summer trip somewhere fun in Florida...if any good ideas, please share. Water play or indoor activities due to the heat. I'm all ears for any possible good suggestions! xoxo- Julie

9 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Beautiful. Did you do this? It is a lost art. I remember having something like this when I was a child. I had to iron the pillowcases. Ha...

Simone Felic said...

Você gostou da fronha pelo bordado, que por sinal é muito linda.

beijos

http://eueminhasplantinhas.blogspot.com.br/

Claude said...

That's a great piece of vintage linen. Lucky you to have a friend who's willing to part with it

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Julie,
Great to hear that you saved the beautiful pillow case. Sorry to hear about the heat. I think crafts are always good. Sorry, I can not think of anything new. : (

soulbrush said...

What a lot of changes and all good ones I think. Your DIl really needs her own place and you need your space back too. Enjoy your hols and give the kiddies a big kiss from me. xx

yoon see said...

Wow! This is amazing Julie.

I love vintage embroidered crafts too.

So precious and charming as always!

Deb said...

Lovely New old pillowcase, and how nice to been able to take it home that was so nice of your cousin. I have the same pillowcase embroidered in blues isn't it a small world.

As for water activities, how about a water park or one of the lovely springs. Inside, bowling, rollerskating. Here is a link to the Wild Waters park in Silver Springs http://www.wildwaterspark.com/_site/hours.html

Dawn said...

Hi Julie,

When my now adult sons were little I took them to Ice Zone in Lake Worth (you and I are from the same area so you will find it easy peasy). They could also roller skate there I believe.

Another idea is Bathtub Beach in Stuart.
http://www.google.com/search?q=bathtub+beach&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=jFUNUqSgNaL84APB84HwDA&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1279&bih=702

But if you want to stay really local, just go to Loggerhead Park after 2pm and the tidal pools will be enough to keep the young ones occupied for a few hours. and there is always the turtle rescue and rehab place to wander around in.

Then there is always the fountains in downtown West Palm Beach. Approximate location Clematis and Flagler. Parking available at Olive and Evernia or Datura and Flagler (?).

Enjoy!

Julie said...

Dawn! Thanks for all the good ideas! I hadn't thought of that fountain downtown in a long while. I love Pizza Girls there too!!!