Translate

Saturday, August 30, 2014

More paper flowers!


Continuing on with making for of the flowers for Granddaughters 6th birthday party!  Here are two 8 inch flowers my friend and I decided to try yesterday.  I will use for the top of the birthday gift!  It will be so pretty, don't you think?
 Here you can see size in relation to table and lamp. These were done a bit different, since they have a rounded flower head rather than a flower center.  This was done by putting the paperclip in the center of the fan-folded tissue papers, and by cutting petal shape on both ends. If you watch the video on how to make them on my last post, you will understand what I am saying here. My once dining room table has become a demolished crafting area, hasn't it?  I love it.  No worries, all fun!
 Here is the 3 ft. pink flower for the My Little Pony called Pinky Pie. It is made with light and dark pink tissue paper.
And the flower for Princess Celestia.  Using white, light blue, light purple, light pink and gold.
Pay no attention to that old woman in the photo!
I have two more to put on the blog.  One is made...and one more to make this morning.  I will be glad to have them finished, as this project does hurt my back.  I have to stand over the table, bent over a bit, and with having my arms outstretched, making repetitive movements, I have to take 2 or 3 Ibuprofen before I start each day.  That helps.  I have made three large flowers on each day the past two days, and the last one will be done this morning.  Yeah!  I will get pictures of the party venue too.

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I see a sweet, smiling lady holding a fantastic, humongous flower. Those flowers are going to be such a big hit at the party!!!

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I just love these things. They will be a big hit. You make me want to make some too. I don't know what for but hey...I could surely think of something.

Claude said...

Heres a thought... dress all the little girls in green t-shirts, put a giant flower on their heads, and take a pic of the "flower fairies" lol... the flowers are fun. And very creatively made...

My Little Family: said...

Wow! Those a huge! You are so talented at everything you try.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

So pretty! They are so fun! We love to make them, perfect to decorate for parties! Our friends had a Winter ice skating party and had dozens of white ones. Each guest took home one as a favor, my daughter still has one hanging in her room! :)