Translate

Friday, September 26, 2014

Well, I have gotten so restless with being sick (just a bad cold, and now feeling much better), that I decided to give crochet a very determined try!

The first thing I have nearly completed successfully is a small pumpkin with lid. It is about 5 inches in diameter. It can hold small candies or other small items.  I still have to make the brown stem, and attach both stem and leaf to top.  I found the pattern here:  http://www.allthingsminiature.com/1/post/2013/09/free-crochet-pumpkin-treat-bowl-pattern.html 


The next thing I made was a tiny (about 4 inch long) pink kitty, for Emily. She loved it and named her Rainbow. I crocheted a collar and flower for her neck too. Here she is climbing all over my inhaler!  I decided to embroider on her eyes rather than glue on felt. I've decided that depending on how you look at her, she can be a cat/pig/ or elephant (from the rear tail angle). Just too cute, and really fast and easy! Recipe for this one was here:  http://amiamour.com/2014/08/kitty-mod-free-cat-amigurumi-pattern/


And last I found a pattern for a Pokeball. From Pokemon. This was for Donovan, and he loves his surprise today too! I have to say, I kinda want one of these cool balls myself!
 

I am still in shock that me, myself, and I made these! I should get sick more often! Just kidding....no thanks! It also helped that it has pretty much rained continuously the last 5 days! What else can you do???????

Xoxo- Julie

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Way to go Julie! You did a GREAT job with these crocheted pieces.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

I hear you about all the rain. Living in the same county I've had the same. I need to mow, as I didn't get to last week so the grass is really getting higher by the day.

Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

Willow said...

Wow I am impressed !
Good job.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. I could never get the hang of crochet. I think it is amazing you made anything that is recognizeable. Wonderful. I wish we had some of the rain you have had. It is dry as bones here.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

If this is what you're doing when you're sick, imagine when you are better! These are absolutely adorable!!!!!