Translate

Monday, August 15, 2011

A few shrooms for ya!


Hi everyone! In place of Cactus Monday, I bring you Mushroom Tuesday! LOL. I am so bad...it seems impossible for me to keep up with CM anymore. I worked the weekend too, which made it even harder.

I found these mushrooms that I had seen, on my camera, and wanted to share, as they are such a lovely shade of O-R-A-N-G-E!!! Yeeeeeee!



And as I looked down through my steering wheel yesterday at the end of a hard day...this is what I saw (and see every day as I am out driving for work)...my cherished succulent cross that my friend Mary, over at Pokeberry Patch made for me many moons ago! Lovingly made with skilled hands, carved and colored and waxed. I love the rough twine that hangs it too...isn't it just the best??? Thanks Mary!!! It gives me peace, comfort, and happiness each time I see it!!! It sure brightens up a dirty steering wheel too!!! (EMBARRASED).

7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The mushrooms are really cool but I can't see your embarrassment. Ha.. Maybe you decided not to show it. ??

Teri said...

Mushroom Tuesday...what a hoot! Great photos!!

HMT lol

Lynn Cohen said...

The shrooms look great...wonderful photos. Unfortuantely I cannot see Mary's cross. ??? Don't know why.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I am Jewish.
LOL
Hugs...silly Lynn who also is skipping CM a lot lately. I'll get them in when I can around other news events!!!

shirley said...

Those mushrooms are a gorgeous colour, wouldn't want to eat them though would probably see quite a lot of crosses....lol
Can you see the mary's cross on your blog, because it doesn't seem to show up from here.

Serena Lewis said...

Great pic for Mushroom Tuesday but I can't see the succulent cross either. It appears to be trying to load from a Google mail account???

Bobbie Lynn said...

Really neat. I love to see interesting mushrooms and other organic things growing on trees. Natures own beauty.

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
What beautifully coloured mushrooms they are. Pretty!
I can't see your steering wheel and what you were looking at :o( the pic didn't come up for me.
have a nice day today..
Judi