Translate

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pokemon sighting at the beach, and EDM # 125...draw a bird!

We had a Pokemon sighting down at the beach here (OK, I made that up)...but here is my childish drawing of Pikachu. I used some Crayola watercolors to paint him after I drew him with my thin Sharpie. My first time watercoloring...pretty fun!

I decided to do an EDM this weekend, so I drew the bird on my husbands beer box! It sure is a beautiful bird, the Heron! Done with thin Sharpie and colored pencils. I have enjoyed some small and quick moments to sit, draw and color this weekend.

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The Heron is grrreat. I hope you can find more time to draw and create. You are so blessed with talent. The little creature you drew is cute too. As you might suspect I am not in tune with the creatures that little people like now days.

Cindy said...

Very nice detail. I think you got every feather on that heron. I am working on my bird pic too, BTW. Hope to get it posted later tonite.

Lynn Cohen said...

and when were you last in Mendocino or are you just drinking the beer?
Great drawing(s)...

Serena Lewis said...

Wonderful sketches, Julie! Great detail on the heron!

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
I have missed you!!!

You are just so very clever and talented. I love all that you doodle and draw and now paint too. Really pursue your talent...and we love to see your inspirations.

You really did think of me in the comment you sent to me!! You are absolutely right I LOVE that recipe. I have printed it off and mark my words before the end of next week I will have made it. Yum! Thank you!

Have a super day Julie
Judi

yoon see said...

Happy drawings Julie!

The first one is the naive pokemon is smiling is to me. This is cool!

And the detials of the bird wings are so intricate, love the way you balanced its legs!

Yeah, quick moment to sit and draw is so satisfying.

Awaiting more posts from you Julie!

Cassy said...

Such a beautiful drawing. How i wish i know how to draw.

Cassy from Learn Electric Guitar

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

I love Pikachu!!!!! Great drawing! Love the drawings!