Translate

Monday, September 12, 2011

Growing a pretty little crystal tree!


My daughter found this little box with a paper tree where the ends of the branches had been treated with a chemical. There was a paper tree, a stand and a little tray to place saturated fluid into and then sit the tree in it. AND then you wait (not long) and crystals start forming on the ends of the branches...thicker and thicker... This photo shows the growth after around 10 hours later...but it was quicker growing, for sure! Looks like each "side" of the tree is a different color. Pretty fun. It worked so fast, it could be done during a day at a child's school, if the teacher would set it up for the kids.... It was amazingly FAST!!! If you find one at your local Dollartree...I say to go for it!
Julie

9 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Very interesting Julie. You always come up with the most interesting things.

Teri said...

How FUN! Perfect for kids (and adults) with a need for instant!

My Little Family: said...

cool! is it really crystals? they look soft, lik a fungus.

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
Now how fun is that?? that is so neat and certainly for the children. One can never imagine what you could find in the Dollartree.
I may have to check it out and get one for Madeline. I love the different colours.
You do the most creative things whenever your grandchildren are concerned.
*hugs*
have a great evening...not much left of it I see *s*..

Judi

Dandelion and Daisy said...

That is cool.....my grand kids would love it. I'll have to see if I can find one!

Unknown said...

Wow, it's crazily awesome.

yoon see said...

Look like ice cream to me. Pretty appealing!

Unknown said...

We must do that here. Early science experiments are starting to want to happen. It all started with the flower and grass " soup"

Mandy said...

This is really cute...I'm going to stop by my Dollar Tree tomorrow, hopefully they'll have them here too. Shelby will love it!!