Translate

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Little Swimmin and Book Makin Fun

OK...here's something a little crazy for you! I was thinking I might take the grandkids down (2 hours one way, and 2hours back) to the Miami Seaquarium on Sat., but when I added up gas, admission prices, and misellaneous other things, we decided a stay at the local hotel for swimming would be much better. My friend, Karen came over and swam with us. We ordered pizza by the pool, and later, after the kids fell asleep, daughter, Karen, and I made mini books from soap boxes!  My DIL had to meet some friends so she missed out on making one. I was secretively hoping to get her crafting too!! The tutorial is:

Now we are on our way to visit the new pancake machine this hotel has! Yee-haw! :)






8 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice idea - a local holiday :). Love your books - soap boxes are a great idea. A bit green, nice!

Rohrerbot said...

Have fun!! Love the butterfly album cover:)

shirley said...

What a clever idea..did you end up saving money. It is getting so expensive to take children to outings these days. Glad I got my 'grandchildering' over and done with while things were not so expensive.

Love those books, I take it the nice colours are the paper you covered the boxes with.

Lynn Cohen said...

Sweet sweet books Julie....they will be enjoyed and loved.

Teri said...

Well, how cool is that.
Sounds like an ideal day.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Sounds like a fun weekend of Grand-babies and crafting. Pretty papers and love the way you embellished them.
Have a good week Julie. : )

Lisa at Greenbow said...

An excellent way to have a little break from the ordinary. FUN.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Love the hotel/kids idea! Clever. The books look great. jan