Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My linked double chain cactus in bloom!

I'm running late with my stitch for TAST, so will go ahead and post my free-form cactus in bloom, to show my example of a linked double chain embroidery stitch. This thing just evolved, as I am also a member of Teri's Cactus Monday and would have posted this on a Monday, but am behind schedule. So...here it is anyway.

In regard to this stitch, I myself am hard pressed to find any good use for it. I do have to say that I think it sort of looks like raffia to me, and also that it is a good fill-in stitch, and that it can end up looking amazing at times, as evidenced by all the other wonderful stitchers who show their stuff over at Pin Tangle!

My final thought on this project is that even though I really had a time with this stitch, and harbored bad feelings toward it, my cactus ended up looking kind neat (to me). I'm just sure it is done all wrong, but I hope you all enjoy it!
xoxo- Julie

17 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I think it looks great, Julie!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think this looks great. HCM a little late. ;)

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Your cactus did turn out well! I didn't care for the stitch itself either. For some reason it just didn't make any sense to me. It's interesting to see what people - like yourself - did who created images with it. Very creative!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Totally cute. Your roses look great and any bouquet from our garden always puts a smile on a gardeners face. Have a great Labor Day weekend.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Annet said...

I like your cactus!

J Honda said...

this cactus looks beautiful to me too! I have many growing in our front yard and this looks just like one of them - nice selection of colors - now I am seeing this stitch as cactus rather than bunny tracks :) Thank you for your comment too!
(I like the polka dots you stitched this on as well ~)

Lins Artyblobs said...

I think you have made excellent use of the stitch, makes a great cactus. But also, looking at it reminds me of a cabbage cut in half, showing all the layers.

Rohrerbot said...

I really like your color choices here.....nicely done. Have a great weekend!

Teri said...

That is SO cool Julie! You are a true cactus Monday gal.

HCM

Julie said...

Teri- I try to be, but fail so badly most of the year!!! :(

soulbrush said...

Looks like an easy stitch, bet it's not really. Happy CM to you pal.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Neat idea and nicely done! I didn't care much for this stitch either.

marianne said...

You have been busy with embroidering dear And you roses are wonderful I can almost smell them!!!!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend:)
♥M

Mary said...

I do like it! I love the colors! Kind of reminds me of embroidered jeans back in the day. :)

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Hi Julie! I think it is cute! (I've never done embroidery, and never wanted to...it looks too hard.) It looks great on the fabric you choose, too.
Debbie :)

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
Well not knowing what it is supposed to look like I'd say it looks good...cute little ole green cactus and you had fun making it..I'm sure you realy did.
Judi

Unknown said...

Love that embroidery, especially the others too on printed fabric. HCM late as always and very haphazardly...