Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Random stuff...

Well, this will post on Sunday because it is just after midnight.....but on Saturday my sweet husband decided we could drive across Florida, to Lakeland.....and surprise my cousin for her birthday. We will drive back home tomorrow.

Yes, we are back in Florida, after returning from my Mother In Law's memorial service and getting to see my stepsons and family in Louisiana.

I am posting from my cell phone, so my pictures will be random.

Today, while driving across the state, we hit rainy patches, and the sky was various shades of gray, blues, and bright whites. I took a few shots....the pictures do not do it justice....it was really gorgeous!

The one picture is my other granddaughter, Georgia Ann. She is posing with all of her My Little Ponies, and her dog, Mack (a schnauzer/yorkie mix). He is a very sweet boy. We had a great time playing together, and we watched the movie Megamind, which is her favorite at the moment.....she finds is extremely funny!!!  Georgia is 6 years old....and loves Mexican food, steak and onions, and pizza.....

I'm going to miss that girl.

The picture of the sign was one we saw in a cajun restaurant in Louisiana....love it. I hope you can read it. I e-mailed it back home to my daughter and daughter in law to let them see they are looking for good women in that state!!!!!!! Ha.

The little wooden sign with the very old bisque dolly, was set up at my MIL's memorial....that was her childhood doll. It was so sweet. 
I told my SIL, that if she was ever going to get rid of it, i would love to have it. My daughter would love to have it as part of her doll collection.

Anyway, it is good to be back home, and now back to the job of everyday living again!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend....and that no matter what is happening in your life, that you have faith and hope for the future that God promises.

Xoxo- Julie





11 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

I think you had the right idea for that road trip....writing and posting:) What a great way to kill some of that time. I can only imagine the emotions that have gone on...it's very exhausting. So I'm glad you had some quiet time with some rain. I hope at least it was nice to see everyone in your family. I'm not one for memorial services or funerals but it's always comforting to know that friends and family will be together. Hang in there.

Claude said...

hope you have a great visit.

Teri said...

I wondered where you were! Good to hear things are returning to normal.
Hugs

Lynn Cohen said...

sounds like a good trip Julie. love all the pictures, sentiments, etc. Sweet grand child...sweet doll of MILS. Hugs for all the departed loved ones of late.

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
I have been missing you and wondering where you have been....I am sorry for your loss and I hope you and your hubby and your family are doing alright.

Your roadtrip to celebrate the birthday sounds like something you needed to do. Its so good you can work on things in the car...I can't.

Your pictures are great!
I hope you have had a great weekend...
Judi

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am glad you are back home...sort of. :) I bet you had a nice visit with family. Too bad it was for funeral etc.

Bobbie Lynn said...

sounds like you need some down time now. Have a good week Julie.

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

Julie, I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It is nice you had some visiting time with family.
Take care,
Debbie :)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

What a nice surprise to give someone of their birthday! Hope you had a lovely time.

Diane AZ said...

Glad you were able to visit with family. Cute picture of Georgia and her ponies! I hope you are having a great weekend. :)

walk2write said...

You must have passed by on your way to and from LA. So that's why the sun came out to brighten things up! I hope things get back to normal soon for you. Way too much sorrow for one year.