Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A couple of cousins, a couple of cards!!!


I got another late night urge to create 2 cards for my 2 cousins. Here are the supplies I used. My new little football shaped ink pads by Color Box, my new letter and number stamps by Lawn Fawn, and the Mariposa card stock.

Here is a closer look at the front of the letter stamp package. These babies ran me way more than I wanted to pay, but actually to have upper and lower case letters, numbers, and an exclamation point all in one cute font in just the right size, was too much to pass up.


And here are the cards I ended up with. The big floral things at the top I found at the dollar store and they take all the guess work out of it. I pick out the focal point first, and then go from there.

The nighttime lighting makes these look orange, but they are actually pink! I edged the lower card stock with my new Color Box chalk in a nice shade of blue. Can you see that? It gives it a border that makes it stand out and look more finished.  

I am posting these on my phone and am hoping you can see more details on your computers and IPADS. 

Thanks to my friend, Bobbie Lynn, over at Why I Love To Garden, for getting me going with card making!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Xoxo-Julie

4 comments:

Teri said...

They are adorable Julie! You are going to have lots of fun with them.
Hugs

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It would be a treat for anyone to receive such beautiful cards. Good job.

Bobbie Lynn said...

HI Julie,
Pretty! I like the way you used a portion of the Mariposa paper. Great idea. wonderful colors. Those are pretty Color Box inks. You can never have enough of letters. A neat font. I'm sure you will be using them a lot.
Happy crafting. : )
Have a wonderful evening.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

shirley said...

Hi julie these cards are so nice you are one creative lady. Glad to see you are expanding your creativity. Love your supplies. Sometimes we have to balance cost with the fun we get out of creating