Translate

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I'm thinking of you!

I made a handmade card for my to-be DIL, in Sioux Falls tonight.  It turned out kinda cutely.  I am also placing it on my sidebar, because I want you all to know that I am thinking of you too!  Funny how your blogger peeps kinda get in your head as you see and do things throughout the day.  In the midst of world and personal tragedies, my blog is my safe haven.  A happy place, with friends I have made over the years. Anyway....just know I am always thinking of all of you, and wishing the best for you too!
I am a beginner in stamping.  That is obvious.  I wish a had a scrapbook store nearby where I could take classes.  Card making is fun.  I really like to make my own decorative items for them, but these flowers were at the dollar store so I simply HAD to have them!

When I was in Sioux Falls, I bought the letter stamps.  The set contained upper case, lower case, numbers, and an explanation point.  YES!!!!

I made two other cards today, and dummy me, I forgot to take pictures to share.  I will ask the recipients to snap a pic for me so I can show you later.

Planning on getting better.  This is just a start.

xoxo- Julie


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

A wonderful start it is.

Claude said...

I think it's great, but if you cant find classes sure there's plenty of online tutorials and such

Penny said...

Thinking of you too.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hi Julie,
I love your card! The colors are great. I think by not have a scrapbook store near you, I think you become more creative with what you have on hand. I"m starting to do that. Especially with the embellishments. I love what I see out in the stores but they do not go with the papers that I am working with. I have a few dies and paper punches (butterflies, flowers, hearts) and I make simple embellishments for my projects.
I have seen what you have made and I think you have done real well with your cards. Also, I just saw your banner you made. Love it. : )
Happy creating!

shirley said...

It is good to see you difersifying into different things Julie. Your card is great. I love hand made cards.