Translate

Monday, February 1, 2016

Well, hello again!

I wanted to pop in to show the washi tapes I have made so far.  These were my first tries, and far from perfection, but I am getting it down to a better look with time!  First though, is a wonderful pen I have that had a white barrel, (and drug name on the side).  It writes like a dream, but I wished it was prettier!  I saw where you can use mail polish to paint your pen, so I did a random dabbing kind of deal, and ended up with this!  Pink, gold, and lilac.  I really like it.
 So here are the thicker 1 inch washi tapes I made using "Cloth " tape from drugstore.  I liked this at first, but then graduated to the 1/2 inch PAPER tape (also from drugstore).  It tears more like actual washi tape, and has that same kind of feel.  I just realized I spelled your name wrong on this tape I made Bobbie Lynn!!!  So sorry! What a dummy!  Well, as I said I am learning, and I think I was a bit excited at my first tries!!!  Out of these the blue with flowers stamped turned out the best.
 I like the pink with suns too!  The purple one is kinda neat also.  These all have a shimmer, because I sprayed them all with a metallic alcohol ink.

 I decided that a yellow tape with suns was a more appropriate use of a sun stamp!  The light blue tape is stamped with a green ink in flowers.  I like the random prints best.
 How do you like this huge box of decorative tapes I found at Target.  Each one is 9 ft. long.  It only cost $9.99
 Here is my carousel of washi tapes...can you see the ones I made wrapped around a plastic straw???  Love this storage idea!
 My little book I write down what I eat in.  I decorate it a bit with tapes and stickers too.  A relaxing thing in the morning.
 Here is another washi tape made with 1/2 inch paper tape.  It is hand stamped with individual letters.  Tedious, and not anything I would want to do much of. I added strips of dotty pink on each edge, but have since removed it because it looked to sloppy.

 Picture of my well worn craft table.  Love it so much, can never part with it.  You can see the grands have splashed paint on the lamp...not only the base, but shade too!  How fun!  We don't play around here, we are serious crafters!!!  Hehe.
XOXO-----Julie

No comments: