Translate

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday night

We are back from our small trip across Florida to Sarasota. We went over just for a little get-away. We ate, and mostly checked out the area. We visitied this neat shopping area on St. Armands Key just off the coast of Sarasota. We ate at Barnacle Bill's. I had crabmeat stuffed rainbow trout and it was heavenly! We were going to visit Ringling Museum of Art, and MOTE Aquarium, but talked ourselves out of it. We did drive out to an Amish and Mennonite community of approximately 3000, in east Sarasota, and attempted to eat lunch at one of several Amish restaurants, but discovered they were closed on Sundays, which made perfect sense once we thought about it...
We also drove through Ringling College of Art and Design, and was hoping to inspire daughter...it was a lovely school...closed until August...I got a pic of the entrance, but my e-mail is not recieving for some reason (I am waiting for pics from my cell phone), so can't show you anything yet.
It was a fun trip, and we hope to go back soon. Oh....and in case you are wondering, the Amish there do not ride horse and buggies, they use three wheeled bikes! You can read about this Amish and Mennonite community HERE.

It was fun, but we are glad to be back home.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie,
Crabmeat stuffed rainbow trout - this sounds heavenly! Sounds like you are having fun!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Welcome home. It sounds like an interesting trip. The AMish around here have horses and buggies. It is interesting to see them trotting about the countryside. Their businesses are never open on Sundays. I have never seen them on bikes.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Funny, but I never thought about Amish down your way.

Mmmmmmm....trout and crab....two of my most favorite things.

jan

Judi said...

Welcome back home Julie *hugs*
I had been wondering where you were! and I'm happy you had such a wonderful trip. Sarasota sounds like a great place to vacation and I had some interesting reading about where you visited also.

The fish dinner sounds delicous oh I would love it!! I love driving vacations and exploring places and shops along the way.
Fun Julie....hope you have a great day today too.
*hugs*
Judi

donna said...

Hi Julie. This "northerner" has actually visited the Mote Aquarium.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, especially since I haven't blogged for so long.

I do have a container of succulents to blog about....one of these days. Thanks to you, my 5-gallon bucket garden is doing well. Picked the first 3 tomatoes yesterday and have been harvesting cucumbers for a few weeks now. Also, all 3 pumpkin plants are producing. Also have baby watermelons on the vine and a few peppers. I think of you everytime I'm out there tending to my veggie garden.

Stay well and happy.

donna