Translate

Monday, October 17, 2011

A few fun things...

We went to the Fall Festival at Mounts Botanical Gardens, in West Palm Beachon Sunday, and of all the 6 photos I took...these 2 were most interesting to me. They had the Poultry Fanciers out there...and they are very nice people with a very strong interest in turkeys and chickens, quail, etc. ONE LADY HAD HER ROCKING CHAIR OUT THERE HOLDING AND ROCKING, AND PETTING HER CHICKEN. This could be a strange group to take up with. I considered it for a few minutes when I saw all these beautiful eggs...but the Turkey wearing a bandana and ribbons on his ankles made me pause.  (Wish now I had gotten a picture). Seriously, though, these were some really nice poultry loving folks!!!

The other photo is of a Rainbow Eucalyptus!!!  Have you ever seen one before??? I don't think I had...isn't it just too cool. From afar it looked like Army fatigue. Really beautiful trunk.



8 comments:

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Tree cammo......how funny! I've never seen or heard of this tree. Wow, what a wonder of nature that coloring is! I'm sure scarf wearing poultry would have been a hoot....it is too bad you didn't get a picture. I always think about the camera when it's too late!

messyfish said...

love the rainbow eucalyptus!

deepazartz said...

I had ne'er seen a eucalyptus like that...
Good Day, Julie:)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Rainbow eggs and rainbow eucalyptus are beautiful things. I have never seen the tree before. I wonder where it is from? A pet chicken that also gives you some of these lovely eggs would be a treat.

Chris said...

I want my own chickens so badly! Just to gather those beautiful eggs (and eat them) would be such fun.

That tree is gorgeous!

Have a terrific day Julie!

Serena said...

What a gorgeous tree! Eucalyptus trees are native to Australia but I'm not sure about this particular variety.

Teri C said...

These ARE fun things. That tree is amazing.

Evelyn said...

Yes, reallyn interesting. Those eggs are too good eat. Love the colourful trunk.