I started the day and got all my household chores done (mostly), and got a pot of chicken and dumplings going...then sat down to try a few embroidery stitches of the whipped wheel. It is so fun to do. Mine came out funny. You can see the one on the left I missed doing some of the wraps, and it came out a big mess, really. The second one on the right is done right, but for some reason one of the spokes is sticking out way farther than the others. Somehow the threads compacted down more toward the center on that one spoke. Funny. I tried to pull them out a little, but it didn't help much. This is one I will have to keep practicing!
I decided to hook the woven and the whipped wheels together as flowers, using a stem stitch (I think)...LOL!
Now I am chillin out at computer after finishing up my chick n dumplings, and oh...I got two small gardenia bushes planted in a big hole where a scrawny philodendron was removed. I had one bloom on them, (the first since I have had them in pots), so I am encouraged!!! I sure hope they will thrive in their new spot out by the driveway!