Translate

Friday, April 27, 2012

TAST.My 2nd entry!

OK...this flower has become a "search a find" for the wheatear stitch! I started each petal with them, but they got camouflaged when I added in more stitches! You can see two of the petals unfinished in the pic below, and then the finished flower in the second photo. I have more seeds to add for the finished product, but wanted to get it posted since it is now Friday night! It has scattering seeds (in the wind) spiraling around it. I started with a second found object (a key ring) in the center, which I opened up a bit. Then I couched it to the fabric, and built up from there. This is a fantasy flower, all from my feeble mind, and the seed idea came, so there you have it!


I am linking to Sharon's, Pin Tangle for TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesdays). Come over and join us!!!

14 comments:

Cindy said...

Love this one, too. Keep 'em coming!

Julie said...

Thanks Cindy! I will keep trying each week until I get bored or have no time, whichever comes first! It has been fun so far!

Crazypatch said...

Très original utilisation de ce point. merci de ton commentaire sur mon blog....
marie Christine ( carrementcrazy)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching! A wonderful way to use the stitch.

Marjolein said...

Nice fantasy flower!
Love the flying seed.

shirley said...

Julie, this is wonderful and so very creative. I love it and especially the idea of the little seeds floating about in that beautiful spiral.

Lynn Cohen said...

Very pretty and very well done Julie. Looks like you are having fun.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Oh Julie, that is awesome stitching there.

Rohrerbot said...

Looks great. I like the design. I definitely don't have the talent to do that...:)

soulbrush said...

How lovely and so delicate too. My eyes wouldn't be able to see these stitches any more. LOVE the new background look of your blog J.

Rose said...

Lovely stitching!

Cyndi L said...

Wow! That's terrific...I never thought of using the stitch for leaves or petals :-)

Lins Artyblobs said...

I like your fantasy flower!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

It really is so neat to see every week all the different variations and creativity with the TAST challenges. Your wheat-ear flower and stitching look great. The couching and french knots really add a lot as well. Very nicely done!