Translate

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Cactus Monday!!!

A very strange thing happened after I drank a cup of Prickly Pear tea this evening! I got out a sketchbook and my circle maker tool, and a couple of pencils, sat down, and started to draw....

Please take note of that sexy cactus mug created by none other than our Cactus Leader, Teri, of Painted Daisies! I found this mug in her online shop and have loved it ever since!

So here is the strange thing that came out of my having that cup of tea in a magical mug...

Click on image to make it big so you can read it!!!

I drew it on white paper, then daughter (my trusted sidekick) took it to Photoshop and did a little digital color on it for me...which made it scorching hot...

Thanks for all of your responses to my doll post (previous post)...it was a lot of fun to see and hear about everyones dollies!!!

To join Cactus Monday, click on picture in my sidebar and and join us for fun every Monday!

Have a wonderful cactus-y week!
Julie

18 comments:

soulbrush said...

tee hee what a fun post, after that tea, not surprising. i am taking my aloe vera juice daily too...happy cactus monday fellow cactuteer. keep drinking, keep drawing.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I hope it cools down in the Southern states soon. This has been a brutal summer so far. Love your sketch. HCM.

Claude said...

First, I have to mention that when I saw "prickly pear tea" I went outside and stared at my prickly pear. I will admit to working up a thirst for tequilla, but not tea...

But I have to admit that I like the artwork. Very charming.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Hot there too. We are finally getting our summer weather here. We will see 100 today. Have a great Monday also and try to keep cool. Love your cactus sketch. : )

Kelly Schulz said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing other people's creations.

Teri said...

How fun is this!!! I really need to find that tea, cuz gosh, you sure got inspired! Gee My cup looks so nice (teehee)
You and Margaret can exchange horrow heat stories!

HCM!

Cathy S. said...

Really cool Julie! a very fun post. HCM!

Chris said...

Happy Cactus Monday!

walk2write said...

We have our own desert microclimate right here, hot and dry as can be. If we get to stay here, succulents will figure prominently in my garden next year! I like your animation, Julie.

Margaret Ann said...

Fun and perfect for this day! :) HCM!

yoon see said...

Ha..Ha.. A cartoon cactus to make us smile! Thanks Julie!
Teri's magic mug is so beautiful!
I am fascinated by her lovely creation.

betchai said...

wow, i like the illuminated drawing which looked like scorching hot really. actually, love the sketch already, but your daughter's idea to put some color to make it hot really enhanced the theme.

thanks for stopping by my blog :)

stapeliad said...

112 Degrees? OMG that is exactly why I can never live down south. I love the pic though!!

And...um...prickly pear tea????? HOW can I get some????

HCM! HUGS!

Diane AZ said...

Beautiful mug, I can see why you love it! Great drawing, I hope those cacti don't melt in that heat! Keep Cool :)

Tootsie said...

you are a very silly girl!! I love seeing your art!

Unknown said...

happy cactus monday even though it is thursday now! How did I miss you? I am sick...thats my excuse! I love that mug teri did...lucky you , but that tea sounds a little too strange for me. Oh I am still hungry. I love your hot cactuses!! hee hee hee

Unknown said...

They made me smile! Thanks!

marianne said...

What a fun cactus post!
lovely mug!!!!
I happen to be the owner of one original Teri mug as well!
The cactus image is great, lovely orange!

HLCM!