Translate

Thursday, October 8, 2009

New tags for backings of ATC's


Been working on some handmade tags to place on the back of ATC's tonight!!! I can't believe i have become inspired to do this! Maybe I can get some new ATC's sent out to some of you that I may not have reciprocated to (and I am living with guilt too)!!! LOL...seriously though...I do feel bad. I have just not been the same since getting home from Germany back a few months ago. Maybe cooler weather will help me...but you know with the seasonal decor, I can feel my spirits lifting, and the need to make ATC's is returning!!!
The one shown here was made last year, and it was so fun...I made the medallion with folded magazine pages, and I think it turned out so cutely...I have kept it on my bulletinboard all year long!
I am discouraged that seemingly NO companies have scome out with some adorable peel and stick labels for the back of ATC's. The market is there for such a thing...now why doesn't someone do it??? If I knew how, I would...we need mass production though...for all of the ATC'ers of the world!
The ones I made tonight are adorable...cut with frilly edge scissors...smaller than the solid color I put underneath...so they are all edged out. Of course, mine are much better than anything storebought...but it sure would be convenient...
I'm just sayin...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Julie, that looks like fun. It looks like a little apple head! LOL - go into labels production and who knows, you might be really successfuL! (Oh, on second thoughts, now that it out there, someone else might steal your idea!)

Have a nice weekend, Ev

marianne said...

Haha! Fun post Julie.
And what a cute card. Glad to see your need to create is coming back.
Indeed those labels would be convinient, can't you produce them?

Have a nice day!

Diane AZ said...

Aw, what a cute pumpkin! That fan folded part is really eye-catching and I love the texture.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I can see why you kept this atc within view Julie. It is sweet.
Maybe you could make a million by creating the peel and stick labels.

kesslerdee said...

Love your little punkin guy!

walk2write said...

Does anyone make them magnetic (for the fridge/file cabinet/etc.) by attaching those peel & stick magnets to them? Or could you use a felt board for display and add a felt backing to the ATC? I really like your recycled background of magazine pages.

Julie said...

Walk to write- funny you should ask about a magnet...when I took this one off the bulletinboard...i found I had actually stuck a magnet on the back (a year ago)...so now it is on my refrige for the season!!!

Lynn Cohen said...

There is something the art gallery uses to put the names of artist and price of art next to hung pieces of art on the walls in the gallery during shows. It's clear and is printed on the computer/printer. I need to find out where to get it for a show I will be having in November and hanging my own art. I imagine two ATC labels could be printed on and cut out of this size square. I'll let you know if I find them at Staples or some sort of like place.

Your pumpkin is very cute. I have some magnic pages for the printer too. Thanks for the idea for new ATCS.

Julie said...

Lynn- thanks! They might work! I am thinking of looking for larger peel and stick labels and then cutting them with decorative scissors, and all will be well. Just need to get my lazy butt to Office Depot! :)

Hope you will like using magnets...it would be great to use on your fabric ATC's...they would be nice magnets!!!

Serena Lewis said...

That's one cute ATC, Julie! A peel-n-stick label for the back of ATCs would be a great idea!

Unknown said...

how about a handcarved stamp? I ordered one from an etsy shop, using my own design. It was exactly as a wanted it. I drew a logo using my wacom drawing tablet in photoshop, and sent it to her (in the USA so would be cheaper for you too!?)

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this pumpkin!!!!