As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I was making some beads for a blogging buddy, and I cut long triangles out of magazine pages, and rolled each strip from widest end to narrowest, on a toothpick. I glued in a few strategic places to secure it, and then I painted each bead with glossy clear fingernail polish.
I saw online somewhere the idea of putting each bead on a toothpick (good thing I had just bought a box of 800 last week)!!! Then painting with either shelllac, varnish or fingernail polish and sticking the toothpick into foam to let them dry.
I made a total of 110 beads, and when I was painting them, my husband mentioned one of his female partners at work had started making jewelry with beads. I picked out 10 different ones, for her to use in her creations, and I mailed Lynn 100. She has received them, so it is safe to show them on the blog now.
I have to say that it became addictive and I am still making more to create a few bracelets for my sister who tells me she is wearing a lot of lime green and black these days! Should be fun! I am a person who hates (and basically refuses) to ever make more than one of anything...but with this, each bead is a OOAK (one of a kind), and you never run out of interest. There are also different patterns you can cut out of the paper to make different shapes of beads as well...something I have yet to explore. Here is a basic idea of how to make them and how to cut for different shapes!
I revised this pot of previously living plants to mostly fake ones now, with a few living mixed in. I could not yet bear to part with Donovans last remaining very long stemmed pink Zinnias. I added a little scarecrow for the grands to enjoy and some fake fall leaves and flowers. Little Emily loves to tell me how cute he is, and "Niiiiiicce scrarecrow"! Hehehe. :)
Happy Sunday to you all! Julie