Translate

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Do you have a plastic pelican in front of your fax machine???


Chances are, you might, if you are a parent or grandparent! I had not ever had one until today when a grandchild placed it there. My first reaction was a negative one, and my daughter completed the statement I was ABOUT to make, with a totally positive one, and with a feeling of gratefulness! My attitude changed on a dime, and it just goes to show how you can take a situation and turn it around all with how you look at it!!! So...the pelican in front of the fax machine is a symbol of love for me! I can't dare move it!!!


Now if anyone wants the recipe I used for my roasted pumpkin seeds, you can find it HERE, at Allrecipes.com. These were the best I've made so far. I have roasted them about 5 times over the years, and these were crunchy, sweet and slightly spicy (only a tad). I didn't have any chili powder, so I substituted cumin.

Oh, and it is official...I am gainfully employed once again!!! I start orientation on Friday! I have to buy scrubs again, and either nurses shoes or sneakers...I am leaning toward nurses shoes...as long as they are COMFORTABLE! I will report on it all later! Wish me luck! Hopefully this will be a dream come true...I hope so...regardless, I am sticking it out till the day I retire! Only 12 more years!


Oh...and I am already planning the Disney World trip with the kids in a few months! Nice time of year to go when it is cooler during fall/winter...maybe around Thanksgiving or Christmas time...we shall see. Gotta see Micky and Donalds house and get an ice cream cone on Main Street!!!

4 comments:

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Congratulations on the job! Outstanding! Love the pelican. And you should go at Christmas time. My sister went and said it was the most wonderful time of the year to go. So beautiful!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I don't have a fax machine so I can't have a pelican in front of it. Funny. When you have children around you are liable to find anything anyplace. Good luck with you new job. I hope it works out.

NotSoAngryRedHead said...

It would be amazing if you bought nurse's shoes and then customized them to be awesome! I'm sure they'd make you a favorite. :-P

Many congratulations on the job and the pelican!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Julie I'm happy to hear about your new employment. Hope this is where you can stay and retire there. You never know. : ) How fun, a Disney World vacation. Have tons of fun. Since my Daughter is older I have not bought a pumpkin in a long while. Love roasted pumpkin seeds. Thanks for the recipe. That is fun looking pelican. Hope you day is going well.