Well, this has ben fun! This morning, I ripped a queen sheet into 1.5 inch strips. Then I sewed them end to end on the bias (for strength, I assume). Then I rolled the whole mess into a ball of "yarn".
This afternoon, I started to crochet a rag rug. I had read some tips and watched a few YouTube videos on HOW TO, so I just forged ahead. I chained about 12 inches, then begand to crochet in a round, around the middle 12 inches worth (to make an oval shape). As you can see, it is turning out to me more of a rectangle!!!
I used up all of my queen flat sheet tonight, and tomorrow I plan to shred up another one with mostly blue in it to continue building outward. The rug has a nice soft cushy feel to it, and it is heavy, so should lay well. I am trying to think of a way to attach a non-skid back to it, but still be able to remove it for washing. Velcro comes to mind...we shall see.
The rug (in this lighting) looks mostly a beige color. Well, the sheet was beige with a gren, a cranberry and a blue plaid in it. You can see it better up close and personal in real life. Hehehe. It will definately look good with a border color...and I am looking forward to finishing it soon!
Hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far!