Translate

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Scanner photo contest

OK, now I am hooked and I learned about this contest over at Gardening Gone Wild, so felt I must try an entry. I hope fellow blogger Not So Angry Redhead will forgive me since she too, has entered, and I am new to this whole idea, and just felt as though I must give it a shot. The contest closes just before midnight tomorrow night...so if anyone else wants to have a go...check out the blog! Thankyou to 'Not So Angry Redhead' for telling me to check out the links in her post, as this is how I realized I could do this. Wish us both good luck! Here is my entry (you can see pollen smears, and some of the flowers are blurred, but overall it looks kinda cute, don't you think? The gloriosas are the stars of the show! Obviously I need more practice...it's not as easy as one would think! There are great tips on Gardening Gone Wild's blog, BTW!

11 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Good luck Julie.

Bobbie Lynn said...

Good luck Julie ! Wow, another gorgeous scanned image. These would go great in your journal. Have fun. : )

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I like the spidery look of the lilies with the rounded forms of the Zinnia, Coreopsis & whatever the other one is.

Unknown said...

I had never tried this project either. It can definitely get your creative juices going. Love your scan.

marianne said...

This looks great!!! Good luck!
I love it how you always try new things ;)

Have a nice day♥

Meems said...

Hi Julie,
Oh, those gloriosa lilies really were a perfect choice. This was a fun adventure ~~trying scan-art for the first time.

I just realized you are in Florida! I'm adding you to my blogroll... always love finding more Florida blogs.
Meems

healingmagichands said...

I have been loving this art form, and once you get the hang of it you won't have so many pollen smears. It helps to have an obsessive streak. . . The many patterns you can make using your garden flowers is just fascinating.

I like the spidery lilies in your scan!

Cat said...

Btw, I like the slight blur of the flowers - I think it adds a nice dimension to the picture ;-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice, the Gloriosa lilies looks very creepy, which is perfect for Halloween.

My Little Family: said...

Totally cool!

yoon see said...

Gorgeous blossom shots Julie!
All the best too Julie!