Translate

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Succulents and flowers

Well, tonight, after I got home from work...I suddenly realized that I have tomorrow off! I am having to work the whole holiday weekend...but next week I will have Tuesday off for the holiday and then Friday, Sat and Sun next weekend!!! We are thinking of some fun day trips over that weekend for sure! Do you think I can get out of Florida for a day? It would be nice...even just to cross the Georgia border for some genuine fried catfish!!! I will have to see how long it would take us to get there and back. Hehehe....now that's what I'm talkin about!!!

Yeah to the American Idol winner! I am so happy for both of those young people! What a trip, eh?

So this morning I was looking out the window, and I thought I spotted a really amazing flower emerging from my Euphorbia Lactea (it would be a first)...so I ran out there...and found that several of the tips of the plant had turned a bright pink (sun). Oh well...maybe one day it will bloom!


These Cosmos are so sweet and delicate...I just love them...had to get a few close-ups!


Here is a pic of the Kalanchoe blooming on the front porch! Love that yellow color!

Have a happy Thursday everyone! I know I will...sitting around with my feet up on couch sipping iced tea and dreaming of fried catfish!!! :)

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I used to have a Euphorbia lactea, but not the crested kind. Anyway, the pink is new growth. I used to love seeing that pink.

Darla said...

Let me know how you manage to get out of FL...:)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I hope you have a great day off. Love the look of the cactus. Such a pretty color.

Diane AZ said...

The pink tips of your Euphorbia sure are pretty even if they're not flowers. Gorgeous cosmos and kalanchoe!

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Love that Euphorbia. I have a crested on that was grafted on another succulent but I watered it too soon and damaged the host. So I may remove the Euphorbia, let it harden over and plant. Do you think it will grow. Not sure if it's lactea or amak. May have to post. It does have some pink! I bet when this one blooms the flowers will be very tiny.

Julie said...

You know what, Candy...it would be a good experiment!!! I don't actually know if it would grow, but it would be fun to see. I hope you will let us/me know what does happen with it, if you try it!!!