I got home from a hard days work, and immediately we left for dinner. The minute I got back home, around 7pm, I knew I had to try a new paper experiment. I had watched a YouTube video last night where the paper maker had added a piece or two of colored construction paper... well...that called my name subconsciously all day until I had to have a go at it!
I even did it at the table inside, rather than in a wheelbarrow outside! It all worked out and was much easier and cleaner. You can even see some letters in the white papers I put in. I think I blended it just the right amount of time to leave a little larger pieces of color in there.
I threw in a piece of red and a piece of orange construction paper, and one of those sheets had embedded silver sparkles. I threw in about 5 cups of shredded white paper from my shredder machine. After I ground it up in the blender (to a pulp), I added a handful of dried rose petals, which really added a lot of dimension.
These sheets are not completely dry yet...and it was hard to get a good clear shot of them...but they are really neat looking! I think I will try a few sheets with blue and green added, and a few with blue and purple. The sky's the limit on this! I am even wondering now how they would look made in to paper beads!!! That's next!