Translate

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Cactus Monday!!!!!!!!!


Yes...I finally made it here for CACTUS MONDAY!!!!! I will be having this auto-post on Sunday night, since I will have to work all day Monday. I finally forced myself to sit down today and do a little fun art! What inspired me was my near dead Christmas Cactus. I'm afraid it is just plain on it's last legs. It has been doing a slow death for a year already. I guess it will be time for some new ones this year. I can't even think about trying to root cuttings from these two...it just saddens me too much!

So, I decided to make an artistic version of a happy, fun-loving new girl...and here she is:

She was made from hearts cut out of the Sunday clothes ads, mostly. There is one heart made from picture of chocolate cake up on the upper left! Everything cut from the Sunday ads though. I added a few dots to the ends of the "branches", and had a good time not only using the little hearts I cut, but also the pieces that I had cut them out of.

I hope you enjoy seeing my Cactus Monday contribution this week, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone elses as well after I get home from work (and after America's Got Talent, as well...if it's on)!!! Hello to Teri, over at Painted Daisies (our fearless leader)...click on the link to say hi to her and if you should wish to join us, tell her you want to join Cactus Monday, where any sort of cactus or succulent contribution is appreciated and loved!
xoxo- Julie

9 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your poor Christmas Cactus. I have seen them do this before for no apparent reason. Love the heart picture. Have a good day at work. HCM.

PS Have I told you that I just love the header picture? Such great color and textures.

Teri said...

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC JULIE!!!!!!!!!!
This is so awesome and whimsical. You are hiding your talent.
So good to see you this Monday.

❤HCM❤

soulbrush said...

pooor old thing, but love your artistic rendition...HCM fellow cactuteer.

My Little Family: said...

now that's a christmas cactus! lvoe the artwork.

Judi said...

Hi Julie *hugs*
Now I feel badly about your poor cactus but alas it looks like it just wants to give up...but you have given it a new life. That is one very happy cactus...*s*..
Hope You've had a great day today...it was overcasty and cool around here and we had some rain in the morning again. *sigh*. Where is our spring...enjoy your nice weather.
Judi

walk2write said...

I guess your cactus just wanted to retire. That artwork is amazing. You always know how to turn something sad into bright and cheery. I hope your week is going well. And, no, the grads aren't twins. They're two years apart in age. Thanks for the congrats.

Diane AZ said...

My Christmas cactus did the same thing. I love your colorful hearts version!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Just love what inspired you. Love it! Your not the only one loosing their Christmas Cactus. I'm not sure what is going on. I have transplanted it, gave it some nice soil and have been feeding it but I think this will be it last season. : (
Thanks for you sweet comments on my blog. Have a great day.

Deepa Gopal said...

The artistic version is really cool, Julie...Love ur new header picture:))