Translate

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oh My God...my magical new little garden!!!

Emily and I had gone out to fill the birdfeeder about a week ago, and she ended up having some seed she was playing with in her little plastic kitchen out in the screenroom. The past three days it has been raining, and lo and behold tonight I walked out there (and I am even willing to risk you seeing my stained up chatahootchee flooring out there, to see this).....I found a little garden sprouting in the cracks of the pebbles!!! hehehehehe...




Lord give me strength...I am laughing to see how far will this go??? Looks like rain in the forecast a few more days...wonder what kind of seeds they are??? I am guessing the little round ones in the bag called millet. This is how it started out...the millet are the tiny round ones...what do you think???

I know what I think...I better get busy and find a way to clean my flooring!!!
Have a happy Friday and happy holiday weekend!!!


God bless America,
Land that I love,
Stand beside her and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above;

From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans white with foam,
God bless America,
My home, sweet home.
God bless America,
My home, sweet home.

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, it does look like millet. Back in our parakeet days, we'd get a few stray seeds outside and they'd sprout just like that. If you let them grow, they will eventually produce a little stalk of millet seeds and you will continue to be the birdies' best friend.

NotSoAngryRedHead said...

Definitely millet! I've had it grow in my backyard.

Mandy said...

How fun! I'm curious to see what comes up after all the rain, and aren't you the luck ones to be getting rain! We just had one day, 2 inches and that's been it...bummer!

Claude said...

I'm betting it's the wheat that I see mixed into the grain. just because I've had wheat sprout up in my straw bales and that's what it looked like...

cool huh?

Claude said...

but then again... I blew up the pic, and it looks like it's definitely millet of some sort...

OH I DON"T KNOW.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

All I know is when seeds sprout from that mixed seed it is either a weed or sunflower. It will be interesting to see what you get if you leave it..

Have a happy 4th of July. God bless America

Darla said...

If it's millet you will have a gorgeous area here!

Deepa Gopal said...

They look so wonderful;eager to grow...

Teri said...

This is such an endearing little story of charm and sweetness.

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

I love it! We have our feeder in the grass and we always have volunteer something growing under it. It cool how evenly spaced they are!