Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Paper fish fun!


Tonight I was doing some origami paper folding with my grandson. He loved it. We each made a little canoe-like boat. He followed along with each step as I showed him. Then we were trying to make these rather complicated paper fish. I wanted to give up, but in the end, I just sort of faked it, and crumpled the paper up and it had a kind of fishy look...I grabbed a colored pencil, drew an eye, added a smile and some other features...and then I crumpled his up. He added stickers (the other side of his fish is plastered with them) and drew on a face...then our fish had to BATTLE each other...he is 6 years old afterall. I'm telling you, if you want to have some fun with a 6 year old...do some paper craft. It is amazing!

7 comments:

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

You have so much fun with your grandchildren! That must be so much fun!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your Grands are so lucky to have a Grandma that will do such artsy play with them. The fish fight was most appreciated by D no doubt.

Diane AZ said...

Oh, they're cute little fish! What a fun Grandma you are, your grandkids are so lucky. :)

Serena Lewis said...

What a fun way to spend some craft time with your grandson, Julie! I like that you didn't give up but, instead, faked the rest of it...your own version of Siamese 'Fighting' fish. ;)

Teri said...

It sounds like a joyous day!!!!!! I know exactly what you mean.

Unknown said...

Fun fun fun!!!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Very sweet. I think so too. They have such creative minds.