Translate

Monday, March 10, 2008



Here are my two latest ATC's...both mosaic plants/flowers. The one on the left was my first, and I do not like the planter or all of the dots around it, or the outlines. As you can see the second one, on the right, is much cleaner looking, and I feel, lovely! It kinda looks like snake grass, doesn't it?? I am trying to do a series of 6 of this style. If anyone wants to follow the progress, I will be posting them on Julie, Ginny and Karen's ATC's

Now, just tonight, I was tagged by Sue, and I will try and answer these things about me.

Four jobs that I have had (starting with earliest to now):
1. Assistant childrens librarian at age 16, while in high school, at a city library.
2. Busgirl at a restaurant at a Holiday Inn, age 17.
3. Certified nursing assistant, age 18, while starting college.
4. Registered nurse past 28 years! (Gee, I guess that makes me very old)!!!

Four movies that I’ve watched over and over again:
1. Parent Trap (both versions, old and new)
2. Down Periscope, with Kelsey Grammar
3. Elf (sorry, this is really true...I love it)
4. Twister

Four places I have lived:
1. Des Moines, Iowa (first two years of life)
2. Palm Beach County, Florida
3. Alachua County, Florida (Gainesville, for 10 years)
4. Palm Beach County, Florida...and planning back to north Florida or Georgia to retire!!! (Although I would love to say California) LOL

Four TV shows that I currently watch:
1. Two and a Half Men (hilarious)
2. American Idol
3. Dancing with the Stars (each year)
4. All shows on HGTV (Home and Garden TV)

Four places I have been:
1. My brother took my husband and I, and he and his wife, to the Bahamas on his 30 ft. boat. That was a true adventure...we ended up flying home because the seas were too high to return by boat!!!
2. The whole midwest to south-eastern U.S.
3. Most of all of California, (Yosemite National Park, Yucca Valley, Mission San Juan Capistrano, San Diego to San Francisco, and up Big Sur).
4. Budingen, Germany and surrounding towns, including a quick pass-through in Frankfurt, and also visited Heidelburg, the Castle and town.

Four people who email me:
1. All my family (more than 4)
2. Many friends (more than 4)

Four favorite things to eat:
1. Sandwiches (I adore bread)
2. Ribeye steak with potatos.
3. Chocolate cake.
4. Big salads with loads of ingredients (latest favorite is the Thai Crunch Salad from California Pizza Kitchen)! YUM.

Four places I would rather be:
1. California
2. Arizona
3. Germany
4. California (not an error)

Four things I look forward to this year:
1. Vacation.
2. The birth of my next grandchild (due Sept. 10, 2008)
3. Possible trip to Germany to see my new grandchild.
4. I wish I could say retirement, but alas, I cannot!

Now, I cannot tag anyone, but if anyone reading this would like to consider themselves tagged, I would love to read your responses!

Julie

11 comments:

Aiyana said...

Hi Julie,
Are these the normal ATC size? Did you use actual mosiac fragments, or are these painted? I really like both of them. These are a great idea--I've never seen it done before on an ATC.
Thanks for posting the meme. It's always fun to learn about folks you communicate with on blogs.
Aiyana

Julie said...

Hi Aiyana-
Yes...normal size 2.5 x 3.5. I think they look funny because they may have curled a bit on edges...don't know why thay have that funny shape in the pics! LOL. The mosaic peices are cut from the thick shiny magazine covers...tiny little peices! I used a craft magazine and there are many interesting textures you can find due to things like crochetted or knit sweaters, etc.
I am enjoying this style of art more than others...

Cindy said...

OK, here's mine.

I like the second card better too.

Cindy said...

Oh yeah, and hi-five for Ribeye steak!

Teri said...

I love these. How very creative. Thanks for explainging how you did it-so interesting.

stapeliad said...

Julie I LOVE your mosaics!!! They are so cool. Have you ever played with glass mosaic tiles? You might enjoy it.

Donna said...

Hi Julie, great job! They came out very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Julie, the mosaic look is charming in your pieces. I like the bright colors you've chosen. As for your tag, I'm glad you did it so we can all get to know you a little bit better. I see you've seen much more of California than I have!

Serena Lewis said...

I agree that the second ATC is neater and not so busy. LOVE the mosaic look! The funny shape is caused by camera lens distortion, I think. Have you tried scanning the ATCs?

Interesting tag, Julie, and nice to 'know' you a little better. :)

Julie said...

Good idea to scan, Serena...I will try that!

Heloise said...

Hi there Julie
I popped over quickly and I love the simpler version of these.