Translate

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Cactus Monday!

Well, I had my first attempt at gelatin printing. It was not good. Seriously. NOT GOOD AT ALL. The teal color you see sort of in and amongst the moon, cactus and right hand side of picture are done on the jello using acrylic paint. I waited for it to dry and then added more color and background with pastels. It is a conglomeration of weirdness! I would only show it to my closest friends!!! LOL.

If you want to see how a real gelatin print is made (and looks awesome...I will get there...at least I really want to)...watch this video!!!

To join us on Cactus Mondays, please see my sidebar for the link to Teri's Painted Daisies, our host.

12 comments:

Claude said...

For a first try, I think it's darned good... keep at it, pretty soon you'll put us all too shame!

marianne said...

I see nothing wrong with this!
Lovely.
I saw the video a while ago and it was a complete new technique for me!
That's the fun about blogging, you learn and learn about news things all the time

HAW!

Serena Lewis said...

I think your print looks great, Julie! I've never done printmaking before but it sure looks like fun from the video.

soulbrush said...

what a great result, going to look at the video now, hvm cactuteer.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I have seen this on utube before. I don't think your first attempt is so bad. Try it again. HCM.

Teri said...

What I like best about this is...you found it, you tried it, and it worked. A very unique way to do some art. Good going Julie.

❤HCM❤

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I have never heard of this, Julie, but I think it's pretty good for a first try.... Gosh--what do you expect??? It takes practice... Just keep on working on it.....

You are SO creative...
Hugs,
Betsy

Diane AZ said...

Gelatin plate printmaking looks like so much fun! I love your cactus print. :)

Cynthia DiBlasi - Fine Art said...

Looks like a few of us tried something new this week, and I agree, not so bad! Above all else, you tried something new and that will help you grow even more as an artist. Even though I can appreciate a good photo, there is nothing quite like something handmade. HCM to you! xoxo

Judi said...

Hi Julie
How interesting is that??? I am going to watch the video tomorrow. I think you did nicely and now if you try it more often you'll grow with your technique. It looks good!
Judi

Purnima@a creative project said...

It looks really cool especially since it is your first attempt. I have never tried this before..
Thanks for sharing the video..It looks fun to do!! I am tempted to try this out..!!

Bobbie Lynn said...

Looks pretty good to me. The photo of the Kalanchoe is really pretty. I love the brown edging of the leafs.