Translate

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Morning beauties!

Got up this morning to check on things in the garden and found my pink-eyed pea plants in fairly good shape, except for a few areas infested with aphids, which I wiped off by hand. None of the other methods work very well for me.

I had found 1 ladybug in the BE Pea patch yesterday and they are aphid eaters!!! I was hoping more would come...hey, maybe they will!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!
These are my two longest beans...about 4.5 inches long now! I am amazed I have any. It is always such a lovely surprise when you see the fruit of your labor come to pass!

Two coleus close ups with morning dew!


My beloved Kalanchoe!!!

A couple of colorful succulent shots!!! (My lovie-dovey babies).


And the gorgeous purple color of these gosh darned eggplants! They are so pretty glistening in the full sunlight, and covered with morning dew. (It probably rained in the night). This bigger one will be the second one to touch the ground. The leaves on these two plants are just aweful looking...straggly and rough...even with every two weeks application of Miracle Gro solution. It is sad. I hope the plants will keep supporting the fruits until they are ready!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

18 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a wonderful way to start the day, by strolling through the garden. That pea blossom is gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

Pudgeduck said...

My eggplant was knocked off while fixing my sprinkler system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lots of squash though. We should have a farmers market!lol

Mandy said...

Good Morning! Your plants are looking lovely this morning...that first coleus is one that I haven't seen before...how pretty! I could be tempted to grow an eggplant just to watch it grow, but would have to share the fruit with others...I have a family of extremely picky eaters with no letup in sight! Everywhere I go, I look for the Mother of Millions, that is one that I just have to have!

Have a great day!
Mandy

Diane AZ said...

Your coleus and succulents are gorgeous! Morning dew is not something I see in Tucson in June and no rain either. I think your plants love all that moisture.

Teri said...

Everything looks so wonderful Julie. Your succulents are so awesomely beautiful!!

studio lolo said...

I love love love eggplant but now I'm supposed to stay away from it because that, tomatoes, sweet peppers...are all related to the tobacco plant (nightshades) and they're bad for people with inflammation. Moderation is the key because I loves me some eggplant :)

Give Doozey a lick from Em :P

Rock rose said...

Can you tell me about the Kalanchoe. I think I have the same one but have no idea of its name.

Anonymous said...

That Kalanchoe is cool. Those leave margins have some fun color. they look like they maybe planted in one of those strawberry pots...great idea. Matti

Lynn Cohen said...

Have I told you how much I love your new banner? I do.
The flowers and veggies are all so pretty...great photos of each one! Bravo.

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Oh my goodness you found me and me you! I love your succulent tires and your pictures are wonderful. I may have to ask for help in blogging because I am not really good at it but want to be. I will keep checking in!

donna said...

Julie, I thought about you on Friday night. I was volunteering at the Green Bay Botanical Garden Fair and one of the vendors had a large display of succulents that included your beloved Kalanchoes.

I know that coleus are very common, but they're so darn pretty and I'm always attracted to them.

I hate to admit it, but your eggplants look gorgeous. Nice to look at, not so good to eat. I kid. I kid.

donna

My Little Family: said...

Yiu can buy lady bugs in the nurseries around here but be careful not to spill them in your frige like I did, LOL

Bobbie Lynn said...

Good morning to you too. Wow look at those eggplants there. Really pretty Julie. Those coleus are just beautiful and great color in them. Lady bugs are wonderful little guy/gals and they do not stay too long in our garden but I have planted dill in my yard and seems to help. From what I have read they like dill and lay their egg on the herb as well. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Blessings,

soulbrush said...

the coleus are fabulous, and i love the header

Serena Lewis said...

Great pics! Mmmmmmmmmm.....we love eggplants!

Catherine said...

I love all the pictures of your plants, especially your succulents - your Kalanchoe is adorable. As for the veggies, way to go!! Great gardener.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Julie, I love your Kalanchoe. Gorgeous!!!! You really have a way with succulents for sure...

The Coleus shots are great also..

Good Luck with your beans.
Hugs,
Betsy

yoon see said...

That's great! Love the harvest and the eyes' feast you let us have here Julie.
Your draw a wallet is so exclusive. Love the combination of grey and green.
Brilliant...just brilliant!