Translate

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Floating to the top!

I came home from work tonight and went around to water my tomatoes and bean seeds, and guess what I found? The bean seeds had come up out the top of the soil...they were opening up, and I suppose the action of that worked them upward, until some of them were laying on top of the soil. I made new holes and dropped them back down again! LOL. It was good for a laugh...they are very entertaining seeds! Maybe this means they will be very vigorous climbers, and hopefully proliferative too! LOL.

7 comments:

Claude said...

are you sure you didn't buy some of those mexican jumping beans?

Julie said...

Claude- I've been wondering...LOL!!! I betcha I will find a few more on top again tomorrow!

Teri said...

Sounds like they are trying to escape :)

Robert said...

Were they growing a root? Its been a while since I've grown beans, but from what I remember, beans will push themselves out of the ground, then split in half, then leaves will emerge from the center. They look strange at first, a bean on the top of a white stalk.
Do a Google image search for bean sprout to see a few examples.

Aiyana said...

They probably have a head start now. Are these the ones you planted in the area where you wanted something climbing?
Aiyana

Mary said...

I keep having to tuck babies back into my beds too! Onions especially seem to want to go out. Sometimes I wonder if the ants are trying to steal them when I sleep.

Julie said...

Robert...yes they were sprouting out! I will have a look on Google!

Aiyana- Yes these are what I planted on my open area of fence! They are a climbing yellow bean called Gold Rush!

Mary- LOL about the ants trying to steal while you sleep!