Translate

Saturday, June 7, 2008

OK, I am breaking down and asking for help!

I have no idea what this plant is. It was sent to me as a cutting...I put it in some dirt and watered it a while, then I checked for roots...NONE. So, I brought it to my window ledge and trimmed the bottom off a bit and stuck it in a glass of water. It has been in the water about 1 month now, and I see it has finally put out a root! (See second photo). I am so excited, because the longer I have had this little sweet curly thing, it has grown on me, and I absolutely find it to be the cutest plant on earth! I have had NO, ZERO, NADA success in finding out what it is, and I am desperate at thins point! LOL. Well, I haven't taken it down to the botanical garden here yet, but I may today. Anyway...her she is (she is too slender and curvy to be a boy)!!! LOL.



11 comments:

Claude said...

well, you stumped me.

Don't even know where to start with this plant. The only thing I can think of as a possibility is one of the euphorbias... but it doesn't really look right. Hopefully, someone will come along and let us know...

Julie said...

Claude- I am so sad...I just knew YOU would know!!! LOL. I will check out all euphorbias just in case I can find something! Thanks!

Cindy said...

Well, the nursery manager at the arboretum told me it's a senecio of some kind, she just doesn't know what. So at least you have a direction to search.

If it were a euphorbia, it would have white sap, (which it doesn't.)

Julie said...

Cindy- I had looked around at all my senecio, and could not find any so far...but will continue to search! Thanks for the new link!

Teri C said...

Put me in the category of not knowing also. But it sure is interesting!

Pudgeduck said...

Sorry i can't help. No idea!

Rosemarie said...

Hi Julie-It's been a long time since I wrote!
I have not seen them curl so much as yours, but you might check out Senecio 'Himalaya'.
Don't know if the whole link will show, but here goes:
http://www.indoor-plant-care.com/indoor_plant.asp?title=Senecio+himalaya&item=plant_details&id_razred=3&id=2109

Julie said...

Rosemarie-- Hi !!!!! I have missed you, girl!!! I hope all is well with you and your family! Thanks for the info! I will check it out right now!!!

Stapeliad said...

Julie I hope you find out what this is! It's interesting, to be sure.

:)

kathy said...

Hi Julie,
I wonder if this could be a Rhipsalis of some sort? There's several different varieties. If you think this is it, I have lots of information about them.

Serena said...

It's definitely an interesting looking plant but I have absolutely no idea what it is. :(