Translate

Friday, June 20, 2008

A rainy day...

This is my automatic rainwater collector!!! I just pick it up, water the plants on my front porch, and done. Lately it has been filled every day by the time I get home from work! We have been having thunderstorms every afternoon since Monday, and you can see the leaf trash that I need to get cleaned out. Our grass here has all turned green and lush again...amazing after a full year of no watering here, and nearly no rain! I thought for sure my grass would be COMPLETELY gone, and surprise, surprise, it is still going strong. This would have been an expensive proposition to replace it...and believe me, all I could think of was rocks!!!!!

8 comments:

Tootsie said...

have a great weekend. oh and never underestimate the will to live that grass can bring!

Kelly said...

Wow! That's a lot of rain. I don't think it would ever rain that much here. We average about 15 inches. Not much!

Kelly

Aiyana said...

I wish we could get just a little rain! We've had none for months. Monsoon season starts soon, and although we may have strong winds and dust storms, there isn't always rain unfortunately.
Aiyana

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Julie. Since I've been gone you have been a busy, busy girl. Everything looks so lush and fabulous! Soon you will be writing a book on succulents. I know where to come for advice....

Hugs.
Sue

Teri said...

You are starting to look like Wisconsin with all that rain. Everything looks so green.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, missed you too, my friend. I had a lot of reading to do on your great blog. This new site is going to be enough for now. Reno is done, time for another house to start over on. Added you to my links as well.....

Anonymous said...

I so envy your rain! Send a little my way will ya!

Anonymous said...

Ah, blessed rain! How lovely that your grass is greening up again :-)