Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Miniature Fairy or Gnome gardens


Now this is a twist...I got interested in making a fairy garden last night while looking around online at gnomes..I started doing this after visiting Kellys blog (see links). These are cute little gardens, and I do think that the fairies in our areas would appreciate having a place to rest at night! LOL. I found this little house while thrift shopping today, and you can see the scale next to the can. I am looking forward to making one in either a larger shallow bowl, or turning one of my succulent tires into one. I think I need moss for the "ground"...but does any type of moss do well in full sun???...this I must inverstigate! It will be fun. I have always loved miniatures, but never considered a garden before! Check out some pics at Miniature Gardens

5 comments:

Cindy said...

The Goodwill store is a great place to find those kinds of cute little things. It's hard to resist bringing them home sometimes.

I've always liked the elements of fairy gardens, even though I didn't know that's what they're called till last year, and I'm not particularly into fairies. Anyway, I thought you might like the little houses I painted. You can see them here and here.

I like to put my FG accoutrements right in my planter bed, in the shade around the "trunks" of the plants.

Julie said...

Your houses are so beautiful, Cindy! I really love the mushroom house! I have been checking out different ideas...such as whether my garden should be indoor or out, the size it will be, etc. It is a lot of whimsical fun! Thanks for showing your pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course you must have a resident fairy in your garden or on your lanai! Garden Fairies particularly love sedums. Set out a little house, and then be very patient. Did I mention that you must,must believe?

Kelly said...

That's a great idea! I am going to poke around on that website. Fun stuff! :)

Aiyana said...

The Miniature Gardens website looks interesting on first glance. I'll need to spend more time checking it out.
Aiyana