Here are the states and countries I have been to in order of wonderfulness to me (on many different levels)!
1. Germany (two trips...one the Baumholder, and one to Buedingen). Frankfurt was where we landed both times, and got to travel through that city and a bunch of small country towns all over Germany. These trips changed my life.
2. Southern California from Yosemite to San Jose, and all the way down to down to San Diego....down Big Sur, stayed on Wilshire Blvd, saw Hollywood, L.A.and beyond. I cannot describe how beautiful California is to me. I think it is the most beautiful place on earth...I haven't been everywhere on earth, but my gut feeling is that it is!
3. Chicago...oh my. Chinatown, the L Train, the Sears tower, the Museum of Science and Industry!!!
4. Des Moines, Iowa (my birthplace). I went there many times over my growing up years, but most memorable was when we went up during winter and for the ONLY time in my life, I got to toboggan, sled, ice skate, etc. It was fun, but after the 1rst day, I just cried. I hated having to put on all the clothes, scarves, gloves, etc., and my lips were severely chapped. I was seriously miserable! I wanted to come back home to sunny south Florida!!! I remember when we took off from the airport there, and looking down on the ground, everything was gray and brown...and then when coming in for a landing at PB International, everything was GREEN!!! Such a sharp contrast...I have never forgotten that!
5. I've been to Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Virginia, West Birginia, Missouri, Misissippi, Kentucky, Kansas, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin (oh that was fun...going to a huge Fly-In there in Oshkosh...camping in a tent, and seeing the most amazing airshows EVER!
6. My brother took my husband and I and his wife to the Bahamas one Saturday morning...on his boat. It was clear and the seas were flat as could be. We had a wonderful trip over (about 2 hours by boat). We stayed Sat night and tried to come home the next day but the seas were about 8-9 feet and we had to fly home. (only a 20 minute flight). I will say it was fun to see the Bahamas, but I have no urge to ever return. The food was very boring, I thought. The scenery was very similar to where we live, so other than the gigantic hot tub at the hotel that was awesome...it held about 15 people and we got to talk to locals and tourists in there...drink wine and eat chips and salsa.....ahhhhh, the life, eh???
Where do I want to go???
1. New York city to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and cental park!
2. Ochos Rios, Jamaica
3. Ride the train that takes you across Canada from east to west.
4. Utah to see the state parks there. (ROCK formations)
5. Back to California to see more of the northern part (and western).
6. See more of Texas (western)
7. Oh, and two places I would dearly love to go, but probably never will... South Africa, and the Canary Islands! Succulent paradises!!!
8. Australia to the outback...gotta see some kangas and roos in the wild...how awesome would that be??? Oh, and koalas.
9. I would love to see Holland with the windmills, flowers in spring (tulips) and go to Gouda for some cheese.....
Oh gosh, I could go on forever...sorry if I bored you to death.....