Saturday, April 2, 2011
Days #1 & 2...A meme...all about ME!
My blogger pal, Cindy is doing this one-a-day meme that runs for 30 days. I thought I would try it with her for the month of April. I hope some of you will join us! Here's what it consists of:
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you’ve traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you’re afraid of
Day 11-Favorite TV shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you’re looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you’ve learned
Day 25-Favorite memory
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
OK...Doozey and I just posed in front of the mirror in the bathroom! LOL. I like that view from above, to block the double chin!!! LOLOL.
OK...now to 15 things about me that are interesting! Hmmm...weird, maybe, but probably not too interesting!!!
1. I always wished I had become a librarian! It is probably too quiet in there, and I would have lost many a job to not being shushed.
2. My dream librarian job was to have MY OWN library near a middle school, where the kids could hang out after school. The main library space would have ultra groovy music playing and there would be a juice and snack bar as well. There would be quiet rooms available for the boring Julie's of the world...and I was planning to have a young social worker there, available to talk to the kids about anything they chose. I think we would have certain days where there would be group interactivity...like art sessions, etc.
3. I still dream about that a lot.
4. I no longer dream (during sleep) in my old age. (54). At least not that I can remember.
5. I graduated from high school in 1974.
6. I was married then divorced, and remarried again in 1980 to my hubby now, and we are really soul mates. I put him through a lot of tests to see how he would react to situations, before I allowed myself to think past "friends".
7. We have 4 grown kids and 4 grandchildren. You all "know" Emily and Donovan, but we have Shelby and Georgia Ann in Louisiana also.
8. I think you all know by now that I am a hospice nurse for the past almost 12 years. Before that I worked 20 years in 2 different hospitals. 10 years in each.
9. I am looking forward to retirement. My husband hopes to retire in about 2 more years. I will get to be the one to work for insurance until I reach Medicare age.
10. I like/love the color orange...and I have been thinking of doing a post showing all of the orange stuff in my house...I am looking in this one room, and I have an orange plaid curtain, an orange wall, and an orange computer desk!!! Not to mention an orange pen and pencil set my blogger friend, Marianne sent me from the Netherlands!!!
11. I used to drive a convertible orange Fiat Spider...at age 19 and 20. Oh my god did I have fun!
12. My religious beliefs come out closest to a Quaker! To take a short test to see what your beliefs come out closest to, go to HERE.
I had to buy a few books and study up online to find out about them. They are very peaceful people, and live very simply. That's me. I also do not believe in shoving my beliefs down anyones throat...we all find our own paths!
13. I love cooking in my crockpot. I am all about easy ways to do anything!
14. My family is very close...my Mom lives 5 doors away, and my brother lives within 5 miles or so.
15. Whew...I'm glad this is almost over. Hmmmmm...one more thing.....hmmmmm...OK, I was always a cat person, but then when I got Doozey, I changed to a dog person!
That's all...basically a fairly boring person, eh??? OK...now since I missed starting this on April 1st, I am going to do day # 2 right now...the meaning behind my blog name. It is self explanatory...as I had started collecting succulent plants, and when I first started blogging I got kinda caught up with a bunch of general gardeners. I found I really wasn't very interested in flowers! I was all about succulents...and now my blog has gone more of a general blog about anything I choose. I have lost some of the interest in my succulents, although they are in my screenroom, and in my tire gardens, I have shown them all on here, and generally feel any more of them, and everyone will be yawning...which you probably already are...so, anyway that is the way it got it's name! I could never change it, because it has sort of become ME...I feel like I do lead a succulent life, although VERY modest...it is more a way of thinking than anything!