Monday, November 10, 2008
10 random things about me!
SOULBRUSH set me up to do this tagging thingy! To list 10 random things about myself. I will attempt it, but be aware this post may take me several hours to come up with anything interesting! Please feel free to carry this process out on your own blogs, and let me know if you do...so I can come and read your responses too!
1. I won a cake in second grade.
2. My Mom bought me a new pair of shoes (Weejun Penny Loafers) for the first day of 5th grade, and by the time I had gotten home, I had already lost my shoes! To this day, we never found out where they went or where I lost them!!! I have been a forgetful person all my life...have lost purses, glasses, etc.
3. I rarely ever buy a lottery ticket, but wish I would win with the one ticket I ever do buy!!!!
4. I was a tennis team groupie in high school...I played tennis non-stop.
5. I used to play the flute in elementary and middle school.
6. I enjoy studying world religions.
7. I bought an orange Fiat Spider convertible in college and never had so much fun!
I wish I still had one!
8. I love pumpkins of all sizes, shapes and forms (ie: pumpkin pie)!!!
9. I used to be a Navy Grog drinker, in my mid 20's. Here is a recipe for you, and you can tell me if you love them also!
Navy Grog recipe
1/2 oz Bacardi® light rum
1/2 oz Bacardi® gold rum
1/2 oz Bacardi® dark rum
1/2 oz Grand Marnier® orange liqueur
1 oz grapefruit juice
1 oz orange juice
1 oz pineapple juice
Pour liquors into an ice-filled collins glass. Add juices, shake, and garnish with an orange wedge and pineapple chunk.
10. I used to attend a Baptist college, and some nights we would go over to the outdoor chapel and swim in the baptismal pool. That was a risky, fun and invigorating time!!!
OK...there you go! This was fun!!! Enjoy those Grogs, everyone!!!