Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kitten ear growth, and no leaf miners yet!

Well, I applied the garlic powder to my soil and leaves of the collards on Sunday, and today is Tuesday and I see NO FURTHER DAMAGE FROM LEAF MINERS!!! I am so excited and happy!!! I tell ya...Claude over at Random Rants and Prickly Plants is a genius!!! It's true, Claude, and you know it!!! LOL!

Thanks to all of you for all of your sweet comments on my silly posts. I appreciate you all.

Oh...I also got my Moms garden of collards fertilized and garlic'd up yesterday.

My Kitten Ear plant...all fuzzy and cute is putting out new growth, as you see here! This little plant is such a mystery...very weird growth and dying habits. As I have said before on htis blog, you will think it is dead and gone, and then BOOM...it puts out new growth! These little babies are just precious!!!




Have a wonderful day!!!

11 comments:

Teri said...

Glad to hear this worked! Good job Claude.

Your new babies are so cute.

Lynn Cohen said...

Wishing you many hours of happy gardening.

My Little Family: said...

I was so releaved to read that the "kitten ear growth" was a plant and not some sort of wierd growth on your cat's ear! LOL

Claude said...

next year... try planting some onions in with the collards... not only is it about the same price, you'd also get some onions to eat... And BTW... I get my powdered garlic from bargain stores. It's a lot cheaper... especially if I'm using it in the garden.

Julie said...

Thanks Claude...I will do both of these... I've never planted onions before, so it would be fun!

yoon see said...

Happy gardening, such satisfyng joy seeing the little sprot peeping up gradually Julie!

Darla said...

garlic powder? I need to read about this...

Deepa Gopal said...

Good to that they are out of danger...
Happy Gardening, Julie:)

Judi said...

Hi Julie
You got some great advice and doesn't that make you feel good to have your plants coming back and being so healthy?
I know I do. I don't have the succulents but when I can continue my african violet blooming and other plants green it feels like quite an accomplishment.

hope you are having a great day
I have friends driving to Florida tomorrow...how is your weather? They will actually be in Daytona.
*hugs*
Judi

stapeliad said...

Awww julie that is cute!!
I'm glad the agarlic powder worked. :)

Desert Swamp Dweller said...

I loved learning about the Garlic Powder! I guess that little Kitten's Ears is never down for the count...