Translate

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine ATC in the succulents!

I got to looking up other vintage embroidery patterns, and came upon this little scotty dog who was so adorable...I used his image to make an ATC! I decided there was no way to actually make him black and show his eyes and other features as they should be, so I drew him out a little darker than the rest of the image. The flower, ribbon, and hat are colored in with Sharpies, and over the top of the more red color I used a sparkly shiny glue to give some sheen and shimmer. I don't think I am done with it yet, but when I am, I plan on sending it to my BIL and SIL in Louisiana...and their sweet litle Scotty dog named Finnigan!






9 comments:

Teri said...

Ah Julie, this is SO adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

He is just too cute! I think it makes perfect sense not to color him in. He still looks plenty scotty-ish. And cute!

Unknown said...

Nice illustration. THe last pic shows it best I think, also great plant!

Have a nice weekend, Ev

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is just too cute. I am sure they will love it.

NotSoAngryRedHead said...

Cute!

Love the aloes at the bottom!

Judi said...

Julie
I love him! He is adorable. YOu do such great work with your doodling and drawings. They can frame their little doggy buddy..cute.

Yes I know I should just move to Florida..who loves this weather! Yuck. So..I have not spoken with my mom but will call her on Sunday...so how is the weather your way?

Have a fabulous weekend.
Judi

Desert Swamp Dweller said...

Super cute! I just got some Haworthia limifolia this last weekend. I hope it grows as nicely as yours.

Bethany said...

Finnegan is adorable. I love the colors. Your plant looks so happy too.

yoon see said...

Very cute and I am beaming up and laughing all the way.
Thanks this cutie instantly cheers me up!
Thanks Julie!