Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nothing to post!

I am having a moment of weakness and had to look at cute chuhuahuas online today. Can you guess which two are my Doozey girl???






I am sitting here this morning looking out the back windows, there is a strong breeze and cold air outside, after a watery cold front moved through yesterday. I enjoyed all the rain and dreariness yesterday...it actually made me feel all cozy and happy.

The collards are enjoying the cold air and it should make them taste even more wonderful on this coming Saturday, for the first harvest. My Mom and I will take the largest leaves from her and my plants, so we will have the day to cook them as they need to be cooked. Along with pinto beans, and corn bread. It will be a momentous occasion...we are waiting anxiously to taste our crop!!!

I have picked up another cold which has been around now the last 4 days or so, with head and lung congestion...once again. Discouraging, to say the least. Winter is like this in Florida. I am looking forward to a LONG healthy summer!!!!!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and I hope your week is going well. I will be back once I am inspired to do/make/photograph anything. :)

xoxo- Julie

17 comments:

carla said...

Doozey you are looking beautiful!

Fresh greens sound tempting!
Anything in the shade of green sounds nice right now after all this snow!

Darla said...

We are getting an artic blast tonight in North Florida...

Cindy said...

Well, it sure isn't the last one, with the blue sweater and other "manly attributes". I know the first one is her, and also the one in the pink dress.

Hey, I'm sick this week too, having progressed from sinus congestion to chest congestion and coughing. Eating chicken soup as I type!

Unknown said...

All the dogs look alike!

Hope u get better soon, happy cooking and have a lovely weekend, Ev

Teri said...

Hi Julie, always good to hear from you and you did have a lot to say.

I pick the first one as the wonderful Doozey!!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think the first and third photo is Doosey. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

My Little Family: said...

#1 & #4 are Doozey - I would know that little cutie anywhere.

We are actually having a winter too. Well, winter by southern standards that is. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mary said...

I'm guessing the top and bottom ones. ??
Sorry you have a cold--I just finished my antibiotics and I'll be darned if my throat isn't feeling sore again and my nose stuffy. :(
Where is that warm weather?????
You guys don't have it I guess.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Hehehehe. Photos of your pooch make me giggle!

I am in love with your banner photo!!! Wow! I have no idea what that plant is. jan

Julie said...

Hey everyone...it is now 10:30pm so I figured I would come back and tell ya that Doozey is in numbers 1and 4 pics! #3 looks amazingly like her though, and I fell in love with this little doggie! I just adore chichi dogs!!!

Julie said...

Jan- the succulent in my blog title area is a Kalanchoe tomentosa...commonly called Chocolate Soldier, or Panda Plant.

Bobbie Lynn said...

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling good. Stay warm and cozy in bed with that adorable little doozey of yours. Love the photo of her licking her nose. That is the plus side of having a small dog you can curl up with them anywhere.
Take care and hear from you soon. Enjoy your collard greens. Pinto beans and corn bread... Sounds good to me : ) A very comfort food indeed.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Urban Green said...

the 4th one looks like your doozey girl.

and join me. am sick with a congestion too. get well soon, and happy cooking.

Bobbie Lynn said...

I should have did my comment here. oops.

Hope you get to do your collards today and that you are feeling better today.

Deepa Gopal said...

Thats one LOVELY Doozey:))

marianne said...

# 1 and # 4 but 3 looks like her as well!
Love Doozey!

MrBrownThumb said...

Hi Julie,

Take your time and don't rush the creative process. It shouldn't feel like a chore to update. We'll be here when you do.