Translate

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Morning Leaf ATC!

I had two sources of inspiration for a leaf ATC today! First is the quote below,and the second was this Jacobean leaf design. Here is the ATC top I freehandedly embroidered this morning. I like to do that, rather than marking a pattern...it just gives a more homemade look, which I enjoy! I decided to use french knots rather than beads, which was probably a mistake, because the beads would have been smaller. I didn't have room for the smaller leaf markings that would have lead out to the french knots. So, my feeling is that this is a real nightmare....except when I really look at it, it kinda makes me think of a busy paisley pattern (in a way). Ok...I'm probably streetching it a bit...LOL!!!

My question is...do you think it is worth finishing??? I would only keep it in my own collection anyway...so maybe I will go ahead and find a way to add the back. Here was my inspiration pattern found at Needle N Thread.

“In this 20th century, to stop rushing around, to sit quietly on the grass, to switch off the world and come back to the earth, to allow the eye to see a willow, a bush, a cloud, a leaf, is an unforgettable experience.” Quote by Dr. Frederick Frank, artist.

6 comments:

Bobbie Lynn said...

I love it Julie. You made it your own and I think it has a Folk Art feel to it. I say continue on. Have a great day.

Love the photo of the Grand-babies. So cute.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think it is marvelous. By all means finish it. Your atcs are great!!

Lynn Cohen said...

Stop fretting, it's pretty and looks like you had fun making it. I love French knots and could put a ton on anything I make when the spirit moves me. Keep going!

Teri said...

Yes, you MUST finish it cuz it is already beautiful!!!

Deepa Gopal said...

I would love to see it finished too...thats a nice pattern.

I wish I knew embroidery too...my aunt used to create wonderful stuff years bac...nw she can't...she isn't well these days:(

Pls do finish it...it looks lovely.

Judi said...

Hi Julie
I am going to take a picture of the recipe I have for the Pulla. Yes my mom would know about the Finnish society around those parts and Lantana. My mom is sure to attend the social events and dances and things going on. There is entertainment from Finland there too and she loves it.

Anyway I did take a picture of the pulla recipe page from my book last night but it looked so...hmmmm...marked up that I am going to compare the recipe in my new Finnish book and then take pics of that one for you. I will not forget.

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
and having a good day today with fabulous warmer weather
Judi